Most Dangerous Region | Squat the Planet

Most Dangerous Region

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
So, my mom and I got to talking about dangerous areas to travel through. She's convinced that the Midwest states are too dangerous to hitch through versus what I said was more dangerous, the Southern states. It's all relative really but it got me thinking, what areas do the rest of you find dangerous or shady?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Interesting topic there my friend. Will be interesting to see what is input here!

Reactions: Kal
K

Kim Chee

The dirty souf has its share of mean people.

I did lose my wallet (threw it on the ground) as I was being accosted by three shitheadfucksticks in friendly Billings, Montana.

D

Deleted member 125

dont come to rva. its not that dangerous theres just too many dumb ass people here fucking things up and im tired of reading stories about people getting jacked/pinched in acca. ya'll know acca isnt the only fucking train yard here right?

D

Deleted member 125

cantcure I am catching sbd out of ACCA hoping to boom down to jax with a friend. He knows kids in RVA, any advice on ACCA?

if yer sbd where you outta be dont worry. if yer in the heart of the yard catching junk then buckle up its a shit show these days. if yer friend knows their shit and yer where you outta be dont worry. getting off in jax is another story after that what 16 hour ish ride? its been hell for me, the yard in jax isnt to awful its just in the middle of a fucking swamp...

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
Billings, MT was surprisingly rough. LOTS of meth there. I also don't fuck with a lot of the tri-state area. Jersey City was gnarly at night.

I've also heard the border region between I-10 and the border is a pretty fucking sketchy zone in a lot of sections. I've never been down there, just hearsay.

Reactions: Coywolf
K

kokomojoe

Memphis has some rough areas. west Memphis is pretty rough. North Little Rock. New Orleans. Houston, San Antonio, El Paso all have some pretty rough barrios.
In regards to north little rock, didnt personally have any encounters but while waiting on a train to kc, we saw at least a dozem cop cars within an hour in the middle of the night going back and forth across the bridges above and to the east of us. Idk what was happening but youd see a few head north then 5 would cut south right past them. It was kinda funny but definitely wouldnt recommend going to far north of the yard there. Cops in west memphis were cool and told us we were in a pretty crappy area but we hitched out within an hour of getting there

Mongo

Reaction score
West virginia can be a bitch and it rains all the fucking time in parts.

Mongo

Reaction score
West Virginia is dangerous? Really. I felt that folks were kind of strange, but I never felt threatened. Everyone is just dirt poor..

The weather has no relevance to the thread btw
Thought I was in the worst state to hitch through thread. I had just been looking at that before this.

OstrichJockey

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
It seems every time I've hitched 59 through Mississippi, I get picked up by fucking loonies. Never really had much of a problem elsewhere.

Memphis has some rough areas. west Memphis is pretty rough. North Little Rock. New Orleans. Houston, San Antonio, El Paso all have some pretty rough barrios.

New Orleans is definitely a clusterfuck. The first time I hitched, West Memphis was the first truck stop I ended up at; met some amazing people there who showed me the ropes. Haven't been there since then - how is it rough?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads