More Info on Santa Cruz Please? | Squat the Planet

More Info on Santa Cruz Please?

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I've looked up santa cruz and the only thing I've ever seen about it is that tent city behind Ross. It's literally the only thing Youtube or google has to talk about. Anyone got any info on the place, besides the tent city behind Ross?

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
-How's the spange?
-Are there any good places to set up a tent that aren't in a tent city, like maybe some woods or other fairly secluded areas I'd not be likely to be kicked out of or encounter malicious individuals?
-Is SC as meth-y as some of the other parts of NoCal? I'm, uh, asking for a friend :)

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My advice:

Don't go to the tent City behind Ross.....never been there, but sounds like a bad idea

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't want to give explicit descriptions of places I like in SC....but look at the Googler maps....plenty of spaces not occupied by homebums.

Reactions: Maxnomad
D

Deleted member 23824

That tent city behind Ross is gone, not sure where everyone is dispersed to now. But on Friday, when I take my grandsons on the steam train from Felton to the Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, I know I’ll see lots of depredation, bags of garbage - both human and otherwise - along the tracks on the outskirts of town. And we’ll still enjoy that ride in spite of it all.

Last edited:

Maxnomad

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Last summer I was telling everyone how fucked it was that everyone was blaming bums for all the fires an guess what, some fucking oogles set the woods i was sleeping in on fire

So yea, there's spots

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I hate to be this guy, but ya, homebums and oogles start fires. It isint being elietist.....just truth.

Watch your God damn fires. Seriously. One unwatched fire will be the downfall of an entire area.

Last edited:

roguetrader

Reaction score
@train in vain - yeah I'm sure all this spoon feeding takes the fun out of things - maybe I should post 'where is the best place ever for travellers ?' then I could just go straight there and never leave !

seriously though you gotta see a few shit places to appreciate the good ones - it's called contrast - an important concept

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
-How's the spange?
Same as everywhere else in cali that's on the coast. Pretty blown up. I see a lot of folks busking and flying signs on Pacific ave often. Take that info as you will.

-Are there any good places to set up a tent that aren't in a tent city, like maybe some woods or other fairly secluded areas I'd not be likely to be kicked out of or encounter malicious individuals?
If you're willing to walk there's stealth spots up and down the PCH outside of town, both heading north and south. Use your best judgment and explore a little, you'll figure it out.
-Is SC as meth-y as some of the other parts of NoCal? I'm, uh, asking for a friend :)
Short answer, kinda. Though i've never had any problems with anybody, I keep to myself. Just don't hang around tweakers if you don't want to deal with that.

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

UBERFLIEGE

Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
East side is more tolerant than West/Downtown...you can Spange, downtown on weekends is most profitable. Lots of cool folks in SC. UCSC is a dope spot to camp, in the cuts, as well as use there facilities, they have showers at the ‘new’ gym...go into the pool side, of course act like you belong and walk straight into the locker room...there are showers there but the ones ( older locker room between the pool and the new gym are hassle free...you can just walk in without I.D. etc)

Downtown there’s a church that gives out weekly bags of food and hygiene...I’m tempted to say Salvation yet not sure, I know where it is and if ya interested I’ll send you the local on maps.

There are dope spots north of town on Highway 1 where you can camp...in caves along the water...it’ll look like nothing is there from the road but when you go to the cliffs edge you discover a whole new world.

The State beach with the sicken concrete boat is a great place for showers....25 Cents for two Minutes etc..I used to do my work out on the steps and then go shower...great pressure and heat 👍🏾

SC is awesome...oh...on Portola and 35rh or so is a 7/11 cats with info hang out there next to a dive bar.

Reactions: SeymourSparechange

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads