More Dirty Kids Making Us Look Bad... | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

More Dirty Kids Making Us Look Bad...

4t7

Reaction score
Of course the security guards were pretending like they were doing some type of shelf check inventory, just so happens they were doing shelf checks on every isle i went haha. or like when i was buying my dogs some stuff at petsmart, i heard this actually heavy fast running out of nowhere, and theres the manager who stops around the corner with this facial expression that said "i caught you in the act" then he just casually says slightly out of breath "can i help you?" hahaha!!!
[emoji28]

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Yea I was recently in rei and I could hear the workers saying how they have to be aggressive and whatnot in helping me. I wasn't there to steal. Workers always come up and hang around me and shit like I'm stealing its a bit annoying.

One incident I had that really pissed me off happened recently. A homebum came up asking me for a cigarette and I said I only have one left. He proceeded to complain about how he needs one to go with his beer and he can't be late for the bus etc. I basically give him the cig to get him away from me. He says your not mad are you? I say no just go. He stays and tries to share it with me. He sits down and cracks his beer while there's a whole group of school children on a field trip right there. He says he has to piss and proceeds to do so in plain view of the children. I was baffled to say the least. I get up and walk away.
But what pisses me off is other people think its cool to come up and act like jackasses and think I'm their friend because they're also on the streets.

Reactions: wokofshame
D

Deleted member 2626

I haven't met any real shit kids yet in my ramblings. I usually am not with the tide either. I go different places at different times than most but this sucks. Yes respect works best I hardly.ever have trouble with people. But to it doesn't matter regardless sometimes. If you have a pack and dog and manners and are clean people can still dump on ya. When I.have beers in me and read shit stories and am near a city such as now I get the tug to go back in the mountains at times

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
The syrup concentrate that makes the soda in drink machines costs almost completely nothing at all. It's all high fructose corn syrup. It's probably the most profitable shit fast food places sell.
Fuck that manager, he takes his job way too seriously.
Hey, maybe the franchise will notice how much he cares about his employer and give him a pay raise to 8.67 an hour. Make them big bucks! Brown-nosing pays off!

P

pigpen

The voice of reason sure took a while on this one. I tried but couldn't write anything up that didn't involve calling someone a yuppie.

The fuck you mean "us" anyway?

lone wolf

Reaction score
i've actually used a McDonalds cup at a Burger King... or was it the other way around? i forget... is that worse or about the same as the water cup incident? ::confused::

Venatus

Reaction score
i go to the pita pit every few days to refill a gallon or so of water, i never use anything else besides water in my bottle from that place. the workers there are really freindly and when i can scrap up enough cash i go and buy food there.

Its that kind of trust that really helps people survive in the city, and if your polite enough, even in the masses of douchebags and self entitled asshats, you can stand out and get what you need. if you are new in a town and you act decently even for the first encounter alone, it can wipe away alot of hassle.

i just wish people could do that.

• Sad
Reactions: Durp and Odin

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.paynepress.com
I fill my water jug at any place that has a sink or a water spigot on the fountain. I never ask and have never been hassled. It's water. So what.

Actually come to think of it. Whenever I've been to California I get shit for trying to fill up my jug. Californians are having a drought and to import water from Oregon so I guess it's a big deal...

Reactions: Odin
D

Deleted member 2626

Sometimes I ask. But sometimes people ask me if I want them to fill it. But yes one time I was turned down in like Virginia because it was unsanitary. If it doesn't touch the spigot its clean. And by "us" he means the culture I suppose. Like saying "us" stupid americans. No we are not all stupid but are all americans-if you actually are born here.

S

spectacular

"it's because of YOU, that more and more people are becoming anti homeless and the cops are cracking down on honest free spirits, because they can't and aren't interested in learning the differences between those of us free spirits and the assholes who are just lazy bums who will never amount to anything because they never want to."

No, cops are cracking down on honest free spirits because cops are cracking down on honest free spirits. Cops like cracking down. It's what they do. If they could crack down on anyone for any reason, they would. And they regularly do crack down on people for any reason at all, at least where minorities (including homeless people) are concerned.

I feel your position is a position that indirectly and perhaps unknowingly favors the cops and complacent property owners. Cops are violent and would crack down on you for walking around without your top on in many places, lady. Is that fair? I know dirty kids are annoying but they're not the ones using batons and guns on people, putting people in handcuffs and throwing them in jail, throwing teargas into crowds, etc.

Relative to cops, they're hardly that bad.

Last edited:
S

spectacular

Also, there are plenty of kids who live in houses who act like little jerks. I used to dine'n'ditch with my friends. We stole... I'm saying that discrimination against homeless people is wrong and it's not just homeless kids who act this way. I feel there shouldn't be a distinction and that people need to recognize that homeless people are just like people with homes and have the same range of behaviors and attitudes and personalities-- just minus the money and house.

In other words, we all bleed red.

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
This. I fucking hate getting profiled/hassled whenever I walk into the store because some other dirty kid stole something or caused a scene. Ruining it for everyone -__-

Reactions: angerisagift

kaichulita

soul rebel
Reaction score
We travelers already are frowned upon by a lot of society and it sucks that a lot of dirty kids do something to justify people's views on homelessness and travelers.

BugNTricky

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So many dumbfucks out there these days... glad I did my traveling when I did. I've been hosting travelers since I got my first place and I've had young ass crusty kids literally clean out of my fridge, trash my house and leave without so much as doing the dishes lol. There's definitely an entitled, ungrateful, fuck-it-all attitude out there these days. Probably the same kids who steal from mom and pop shops and spange by yelling obscenities at people. I think we can all agree that stealing a soda from burger king isn't the worst thing you could ever do... But there's a time and a place for everything. Why would you knowingly cause problems for future travelers over something so stupid? Smh.

Reactions: TUNA

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads