Modern day piracy and crew poll . . . ? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Modern day piracy and crew poll . . . ?

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
yeah, its only about 400 miles away from where I am. So unless I run into issues I have no problem picking you up. Then its another 1000-1100 miles to charleston.
If you have a few bucks for gas that would kick ass.

Stope

Reaction score
yeah, its only about 400 miles away from where I am. So unless I run into issues I have no problem picking you up. Then its another 1000-1100 miles to charleston.
If you have a few bucks for gas that would kick ass.

I actually have been working for a few months at a grocery store and have a pretty nice amount of cash saved up, which would cover gas for a while.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WOW. . .
Ok so sounds like theres a few people commin now. first thing to be aware of is this: the police see you dirty, spanging, scrounging, dumpster diving, with a crosscountry pack on your back or any other homeless/traveler/crusty activities in center city (with the hotels and shit) in the suburbs over the bridges from the center city - pritty much any where except out in the middle of the woods or the ghetto where you will get killed for wearing gang colors Supposedly they will empty your bag, take your name, pixure, confiscate any lethal/deadly weapon cite you for possession of such, - if you are driving a road vehicle no telling what they will do. all this foxtailV tells me but i am unsure of the severaty of the polive distain for "US" but when im light trampin (collecting materials, water, food,. - whatever I keep moving and just try to blend in.
If im spanging I keep moving and never let buisness owners and employees get wind of my existance
the time to blow this city up will come but its not now, it is a college town, a charter fishing town, and most of all a tourist town - with out all the tourists commin here this place would look like detroit and cops would be gettin killed left and right
my biggest worry right now is getting a crew boat or three for crew to go back and forth from the island to nabouring islands . . .
and if the DNR or sherrif evicts us i have a backup island . . ..
thanks for those links Spoon good eye bro. be careful out there the midwest is hell

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this is a note for myself and can be for those that show up
Nuvi 500 Boat Mode Hack
the point is that garmin nuvi car GPS are the best ever and when/if/how i aquire one for the bog boat it needs to be hacked and loaded wit hrelavent charts for sailing

anyone comming if you have one great! if not keep your eye open for open car windows with them on the window/dash this is what they look like garmin nuvi's
tomtom, magellin and other similar GPS's though more expensive are dogshit and not as easly hackable
thanks for reading

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
Another alternative is to download the free NOAA online charts onto a laptop, and then patch any GPS into it. It's more accurate and up-to-date data than any chart plotter, and mostly free.

Stope

Reaction score
this is a note for myself and can be for those that show up
Nuvi 500 Boat Mode Hack
the point is that garmin nuvi car GPS are the best ever and when/if/how i aquire one for the bog boat it needs to be hacked and loaded wit hrelavent charts for sailing

anyone comming if you have one great! if not keep your eye open for open car windows with them on the window/dash this is what they look like garmin nuvi's
tomtom, magellin and other similar GPS's though more expensive are dogshit and not as easly hackable
thanks for reading

I have a Garmin nüvi 260W that I can bring.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Alright i still have to wrap up things here in chicago but that should only take a week or two. Then I'm on my via my bike. Anything else i should keep my eyes open for that might be needed?

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh yes David, I have the repository for the NOAA charts in my favorites. Have the NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS and LA charts all downloaded and the seaclear 2 software to view them (just like widderstands north American rail road map 3)
And Stope your device is very welcome!
As of now I trust all my people with my life and devices to all who come to this mecca please be trustworthy and trusting.
if shit starts disappearing people will disappear with them and this vision will never grow fins and float.
Oh and by the way those coming beware this island is a bitch in these heavy rains. there is palmetto bugs, roaches, little crabs, banana spiders, fire ants little geckos and froggies. none of these creatures will bother you much as long as your not afraid to find them sharing your bed or food, this is why we sleep atop these 8 foot high cement risers that support the highway pillions what I can the "wet camp" is good for setting up your hammock if you have such or tent and tarp. but foxtailV says that the pillbugs eat the bottom of your tent after time and in January all the green leaves will fall and the whole island will be open for outsiders scrutiny but if we have too many people to colonize the pillions we can find ways to properly camouflage a sizable encampment I the wetcamp, only BIG problem is a storm surge of 6 feet WILL flood out the entire island, but were safer on foxtail island than for say folly island, wich is far far away from food and big commerce and right up against the ocean
tl;dr bring tents, tarps, cooking devices whatever! were roughing it until we can get enough supplies to build a massive platform to keep us off the ground!

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@ NeoMaxxAKI kayaks and canoes! outside of Charleston county. I.e., you see a kayak or canoe that you can pirate and paddle down some waterway to us it is much welcome! we just can't pirate any watercraft within this county if shit like that starts coming up missing from peoples personal docks or marina docks were elevating the heat on our future endeavors. Spoon has found that such "human powered craft" don't need to be registered so we can fake the funk if the DNR of the water dogs ask too many questions we can claim we paddled it in from elsewhere legitimately. but its not too likley you'll find such, but if you do. . .

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
hey we got a dingy! ju$t bought it and we are water-born!

Awesome.

I spent almost all my money on trying to fix a car that isn't going to make it to SC. So, I sold my Glock and bought a Greyhound ticket. I'll be in Charleston around 3:30 on Sunday. Looks like it's going to be about 7-8 miles from the Greyhound station to the island.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll personally come and meet you at the dog pen and show you there.
Its Foxtails island but my show - to put it bluntly. Just woke up on the wrong side of the trax this morning. missed last bus back from nor-char, got drunk, tried to hop junk, squatted birdshit house, woke up pissing on my self, hopped sided junker, sided all morning 1/2 mile down steel, 3 hours gone by with no cig from lost lighter in birdshit house, gas stations no maches, kicked out of Marriott Continental breakfast dining room B-4 I could eat.
On the mutherfucking warpath with the next fucking yuppie that gets in my way - I'll mow him down!

EDIT: just re-read this. its all true, but fucking ridiculous. Goddamn I was out of it earlier!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads