minnesota?

bradbradidea

Reaction score
just got to thinking, hmmm... i wonder how many people on this site from my good ol home state of mn? Also what do people in the travel community think about minnesota? like how many people intentionaly go to minnesota? has anbody ever even heard of minnesota!!??! k. any thoughts questions or comments about MN other then the obvious (everyone knows it snows and gets cold..) are welcome

FolkYouDad

Reaction score
I stayed in minneapolis for most of the winter, it's a pretty sweet city. There were alot of punk shows and shit goin on a couple nice folks let me crash on their floor for a week or so.

But it really does get fucking cold as shit out there. I'd assume it's an even more rad place to be in the summer

mandapocalypse

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm from the land of 10,000 lakes. The Twin Cities are a punk/DIY mecca, with endless vegetarian cafes, radical spaces, co-op's, culture, and interesting things to look at. Northern MN is wonderful, the north shore is breathtaking. Lakes, forests, and brilliant landscapes.

scatwomb

Reaction score
I'm from the land of 10,000 lakes. The Twin Cities are a punk/DIY mecca, with endless vegetarian cafes, radical spaces, co-op's, culture, and interesting things to look at. Northern MN is wonderful, the north shore is breathtaking. Lakes, forests, and brilliant landscapes.

This is all true - especially the part about northern Minnesota. It's one of my favorite places in the continent.

I would add, however, that social cliques in Minnesota (in Minneapolis/St. Paul, in particular) are hard to penetrate. Generally speaking, Minnesotans tend to be distrustful of outsiders, competitive among their peers and passive aggressive. It's something that's engrained in the culture. And, as a Minnesotan, it's something I have experienced first hand.

I will say that there are many many cool people living in the Twin Cities. There is a vibrant radical scene with loads of interesting people. I would bet, though, that if someone talks to you, they are probably not originally from Minnesota :-D

P

Pheonix

I was born in Superior,WI and that's as close to MN without be MN as you can get. I love the natural beauty of northern MN & WI, and the UP of MI.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads