Video Michael Grab - artist/Gravity Glue and the art of balancing stones (vid & pics)

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool stuff - "rock whisperer" :) He has several vids out there too (vids are below pics). If you google his name then images - you'll find a lot of pics. I think it's beautiful work :) Has a feng shui feel to it.

image.jpg

mg1.jpg

mg3.jpg

Freehand Arch

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I watched another vid - and that one must have been the outtakes as he'd be building another one and the one behind him falls - and that happened several times hehe. I think it would be rather cool to be walking along and see one of these.

D

Deleted member 20

Me & STP user @Trvshwvng built some larger than life rock balance sculptures up on Peaks Island Maine last summer. We incorporated trash & kinetic movement in order to crush the small time pathetic attempts at rock balancing by hippys & tourists. We not only placed that 12' log & balanced it with rocks we also have a pumpkin sitting on top where as passers by would stop & marvel at how we got both the huge log placed & then balanced a pumpkin on top.

10475134_664706020265676_309398596_n.jpg
10424364_323411184476417_1573674191_n.jpg
10483326_745616202128234_1865006122_n.jpg

Last edited:

drewski

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
highwayman with the middle finger "fuck you" in the pic. Adds a nice touch instead of a hippie in the prayer position. One cool motherfucker :cool:

Trvshwvng

Reaction score
I had a blast during those few weeks in Worcester & up to Maine. Good times all around.
Absolutely. Like I said headed to NOLA in a few days. Let me know when you're back on the road

Raggamuffin

Reaction score
I have recently discovered Michael Grab / Gravity Glue - rock balancing is amazing! I had no idea there were championships worldwide!
Of course I love the pictures but I love the writing on his website just as much! Grab's got it dialled in!

[About - Gravity Glue]

'A spontaneous collaboration with Nature, which often spirals into moments of transcendental beauty'

~ Worldwide Phenomenon ~
~ Contemplative Yoga Practice ~
~ Ephemeral Nature Art/Therapy ~
~ Psychological Alchemy ~
~ Magic ~

Physical Ingredients:
Rocks + Gravity
~
Metaphysical Ingredients:
Patience + Open/Empty Mind

~ Zen as Fuck ~

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads