May consider heading to Seattle. How bad is it in the winter? (1 Viewer)

watson

Pilgrim
Gonna head out next week. Originally wanted to go to Phoenix or Portland. But I’m strongly considering Seattle. How harsh is the winter!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm right across the water.

Today's forcast: Rain.
Tomorrows Forecast: Rain
Future Forecast until April: Rain

The winters arent cold up here, just rains ALL THE TIME. Most of the time its lighter PNW type rain, but sometimes its heavy rain continuously for a day or two.

Doesnt really get below freezing. 50s/40s on average.

Come prepared!

NewMexicoJim

High mileage, good condition, needs TLC.
Darkness is what got to me besides the rain. There can be bouts of snow and freezing rain but it's usually just cold rain. Beautiful though, but like Coywolf said "Come Prepared."

Website
m.soundcloud.com
Yeah, so much rain it gets pretty miserable when you consistently don't have shelter, or a vehicle and are trying to go places.. And everyone n their dog is depressed. From personal experience, I would suggest a different spot.

Sameer

Wanderer
Rain wet damp cold dark depressing........ Every single day during the winter!
You would be better off staying in Arizona.....

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.