making use of empty space bags

R

reXfeReL

aight.... i'm suprised i haven't figured this out a year or two ago, but a box of wine can be used for more than just a good time. Surely other folk have this in their bag of tricks, but for those of you who don't, the empty space bag makes a wonderful pillow. Blow up, then release air out of the valve fitting your comfort level! Squeeze empty and it packs down to 2X3 in. with just about an ounce in weight. It's been weeks now and i can still smell sunset blush, yummmmm:)

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
bag o\' wine

yep, I sewed a pocket into the head of my sleeping bag that is just franzia size. leave it in there, blow it up when you roll out for the night. sooo much better than a pair of bluejeans.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
bag o\' wine

yep, I sewed a pocket into the head of my sleeping bag that is just franzia size. leave it in there, blow it up when you roll out for the night. sooo much better than a pair of bluejeans.

R

reXfeReL

bag o\' wine

alrighit, alright, pocket-pouch....nice! good-lookin' out. i've just been using my t-shirt (to reduce the noise) but kangaroo style-lee sounds way cool.

D

danvan

bag o\' wine

do you people in the states call cask wine goon or is that just an aust thing?

i used one for a pillow the other night its pretty great apart from being loud but that didnt bother me i was just concerned for the other people around where i sleept

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
bag o\' wine

dan- haven't heard it called goon, but I do know a kid who called the boxes casks. it took us forever to figure out what he meant. we thought he was gonna come back rollin a wooden barrel of wine:woohoo: he came back with a sunset blush box, and was all like, " dis is a cask you fooken waynkors." Irish kid who lives in london = really funny, and a twacked out Sid Vicious accent.

I guess that whole thing was off topic...

D

danvan

bag o\' wine

ha ha thats cool as

yeah everyone here calls it goon
and its the most cost efficient alcohol you can buy

is it the same way there or is something else cheaper?

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
bag o\' wine

it's about the cheapest, but that can depend on where you are here. if your in the ghetto part of town, cheapest is a 40 of beer. or maybe a fifth of cheap gin... but that shit tastes like lighterfluid with juniper berries in it.:sick:

I always prefer homebrewed. but I def. hear ya on the PBR, mary.

TBone

Reaction score
bag o\' wine

Code Name Mary wrote:
hmmm.. I love Gin, why is every body always hatin' on the gin????
I'm with ya on the gin.

I love me some Wild Irish Rose and Thunder Turd. Cooks beer and Falls City are also some of my cheap ass favorites. Can't forget the King Cobra though.:silly:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads