Looking to travel, any nice people out there? | Squat the Planet

Looking to travel, any nice people out there?

Django

Reaction score
So you are technical enough to quote and even edit the original message (a big no no in the internet community if you ask me) but you Tottaly ignored the tips about maybe introducing yourself.

Think of the recipient of your messege (us). A new member, no info, nothing specific. You basically waved at us from the window of a moving bus.

Try harder or go home?

DcHoliday77 apparently didn't edit any qoute so I reduce my assholeness to 4/10 (original msg was around 8/10). My bad.

Last edited:
  • Love It
Reactions: Juan Derlust

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
So you are technical enough to quote and even edit the original message (a big no no in the internet community if you ask me) but you Tottaly ignored the tips about maybe introducing yourself.

Think of the recipient of your messege (us). A new member, no info, nothing specific. You basically waved at us from the window of a moving bus.

Try harder or go home?
I can introduce myself.
I can hit reply and quote too.

But I haven't edited a post. Not sure where that came from.

• Love It

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
Greetings! Welcome and a sincere good luck. There are many nice people here* and on the road. Use the search window to research how to vet travel partners, road dogs, etc. Tell us a little about yourself - where you're headed, where you've been. You can review everything everyone here has posted for what it's worth. Driving to Atlanta next month - last time was 2016, Atlanta and Savannah. Georgia is beautiful - I can't imagine why you'd want to leave.

*I'm not one of them
I'm a writer and I'm looking to travel America again. I've done it 3 or 4 times. Want to get out of Georgia for a while. I want to see places but not by myself this time, maybe have some company. I'm42 and I've got an MBA.

Last edited:

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
@Django : I amended my original 7-word post to include more of the stuff to draw @DcHoliday77 into our little community - they didn't edit it.

Anyway @DcHoliday77 are you interested in heading up the East Coast, Pacific Northwest, Hawaii, Alaska Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, 4 Corners, Pike's Peak, Great Lakes, Niagara Falls, Grand Canyon, etc.? What's your inclination - urban enclave or as faraway remote from fellow humans as possible (excluding, of course, your travel companion)?

Anywhere everywhere! I want to go back to pikes peak and then all of those places. :) I prefer remote instead of urban areas.

Last edited:
  • Love It

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
That's the spirit!

Depending on your preferred mode of travel, I'm fairly certain you can find a compatible (hopefully) drama-free companion here - & when you do be sure to write up and post pictures. A shared experience is enhanced exponentially. Being 42 and a writer with an advanced degree, I imagine you're already well aware of this.

Anyway, I for one will look forward to reading about your adventures

Absolutely. I can't wait. 😊

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
& try not be turned off by @Django's harsh-seeming rhetoric (or beard) - our 'community of misfit travellers' encourages everyone to conform to certain protocols, namely, not just dropping in & demanding answers without giving anything back - just as you wouldn't show up empty-handed to a party, eat like a pig & drink like a fish without offering anything worthwhile in return. If you were born and raised in the south, I imagine you wouldn't dare exhibit such crass behavior - all based on my assumptions

I understand 👍

MFB

Reaction score
Pikes Peak is ma mountain!
I just watched Killian Jornet run up and down it in 3 and a half hours yesterday!
Also. They sell the most delicious donuts up there on that 4200 meter peak.

MFB

Reaction score
Heck yea! I still do.
I can leave my trailer and make it to the peak only touching pavement once, crossing 21st into Bear Creak Regional.
I have it's topography contour lines tattooed on me.
Cheyenne canyon is the best too.
Why ever would ya move from here to GA?

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
Heck yea! I still do.
I can leave my trailer and make it to the peak only touching pavement once, crossing 21st into Bear Creak Regional.
I have it's topography contour lines tattooed on me.
Cheyenne canyon is the best too.
Why ever would ya move from here to GA?
My dumbass fell in love and left there for SC 10 years ago. Then when it fell apart, I just got stuck back down south.

• Epic

MFB

Reaction score
Ah. Funny how that happens. Coincidentally, i too fell in love w a gal from SC and moved there. In me mid 20s.
Spent a year in Charleston. The grits were good. Could never understand boiling a peanut. Shell and all.
Now I only go east when fulfilling filial duties.

• Haha

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
Ah. Funny how that happens. Coincidentally, i to fell in love w a gal from SC and moved there too. In me mid 20s.
Spent a year in Charleston. The grits were good. Could never understand boiling a peanut. Shell and all.
Now I only go east when fulfilling filial duties.

I moved to Greenville SC which wasn't bad. But its nothing like my Colorado Springs.

I had an adventure off the Arkansas River deep in the mountains that still gives me chills to remember.

MFB

Reaction score
Did you get a palmetto tree tattooed on your ankle? 😂
When I lived there I got a job cheffing at Gilligans (which they have in greenville).
I once cooked Darius Rucker, aka Hootie, fried shrimp. No big deal.

Ooh, I have a lil sea eagle i used to take out on the Arkansas. So much good stuff around here. Think Im climbin' Mnt Massive this thurs.ever been to Valley View? Best hot springs ever!

MFB

Reaction score
Also. We have weed, crack heads, and a culinary scene now!

• Haha

DcHoliday77

Reaction score
Did you get a palmetto tree tattooed on your ankle? 😂
When I lived there I got a job cheffing at Gilligans (which they have in greenville).
I once cooked Darius Rucker, aka Hootie, fried shrimp. No big deal.

Ooh, I have a lil sea eagle i used to take out on the Arkansas. So much good stuff around here. Think Im climbin' Mnt Massive this thurs.ever been to Valley View? Best hot springs ever!

No but I so want to go. No tats...lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads