Looking to go West. Recommendations? | Squat the Planet

Looking to go West. Recommendations?

Reaction score
Hi y’all! I’ve seen a lot of the east coast and I love it here but I’m itching to see something new!

I love new experiences and pretty nature.

Where the fuck should I go?

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
What are your interests? Are you wanting concert awesome cities? Are you looking scenic vistas & national monument type thing? Are you looking at architecture and history?
Farmer's Market and Local Artisan venues?
Underground music and club scene?

What do you want to see? :)

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
While Arkansas is a pretty dumpy state the northwest part up around jasper is really pretty. The copper beech trees in the fall are beautiful and the buffalo river is amazing as well. Hawks beak crag is a POI and not a bad hike. Might be a spot to check out as you move further west. I'm also gonna second Colorado springs. Some cool history and art museums and the mountains are /right/ there. The city can be kinda sketch sometimes but seriously those mountains are really something. The down town area is also full of some pretty cool stores and places to eat.

Reaction score
What are your interests? Are you wanting concert awesome cities? Are you looking scenic vistas & national monument type thing? Are you looking at architecture and history?
Farmer's Market and Local Artisan venues?
Underground music and club scene?

What do you want to see? :)

We’re open to anything really. Probably not a club scene but we like underground music. We have a 3 year old so we try to find things she’ll enjoy as well as us. I love museums or beautiful landscapes I can use as a teaching opportunity. Really just want to see what the West has to offer.

Reactions: Ezra Fyre

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
54366_1679280790417_2574384_o.jpg

Deer Crossing Antique and Collectibles, Arkansas ... It was closed when I went through, but even the yard had TONS to look at.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
Having been out west somewhat recently, I highly recommend the Grand Canyon, Redwood Forests in Cali, and Yellowstone. If you end up by Yellowstone, the Teton mountain range is absolutely gorgeous and isn't too far out of the way.

Pay attention to Yellowstone Park's season though... It "closes" somewhere between Sept. & Oct. No camping, and you're not allowed to just pull over there - overnight/all day parking only in approved areas. Camping was ofcourse completely closed weather related as i was there in October, but.... Yeah, lol, Yet another thing i missed because it was closed, haha. There's essentially 2 roads trough Yellowstone. They kinds make a football, anyway, the North Road closes earlier in the year - And it's got the cool shit, like geysers, and hotsprings, and the museumy-educational stuff... It was snowed in when I went through. The southern road was still a pretty drive, even if it too was white.

Grand Tetons were also quite beautiful... But not nearly as exciting as the bear... Kinds the highlight of that pretty but otherwise miserable drive.

I also most definitely agree that Redwoods in Cali are totally worth checking out. Nothing like em!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads