Looking for camps in Slab City to join (1 Viewer)

Batsy

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Homebase
SF East Bay, CA
Hey everyone!

I hit the road in my van a few days ago, and living on the road has been great so far!

I’m gonna go to the slabs some time in November, December, or January, and I plan on spending the winter there. I’m looking for camp to join while I’m there.

I’ve been to the slabs once before, And my brother and I ended up getting taken in by some hippies who were camping on the outskirts of the Slabs. They called their camp The Medicine Post. If anyone knows if they’re there this winter, please let me know.

If any of you are in the Slabs right now, and your camp is open to having new people join, please let me know as well!

And if I don’t find a camp to join before I show up, how does one usually go about joining an already existing camp there?

Also, I saw in a video that there’s someone who lives in slab city who installs solar setups for people’s RVs. Does anyone know if he’s still there?

Thanks for any help!

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Sameer

Vagabond
Reaction score
Homebase
Southwest
Going to the Oasis club is a good idea. It's a wonderful place to spend the winter. Lots of friendly people and interesting camps. All you have to do is be friendly and open. I have spent many winters at the slabs. A place of many interesting smells. Hahahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $0.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $0.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $0.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $0.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.