Knives for the road

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
Reactions: bryanpaul

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score
seriously my favorite knives on the road are the "Ozark Trail" brand ones from wal-mart...... the folding blade one is $7.88 and i think the fixed blade ones are like 12...cant remember....... but yeah their durable and long lasting and their a fuckin knife that is cheap.....if you lose one or the cops take it or some shit....just go to walmart and get another one......
images
images
0084225603023_500X500.jpg
i had that same fixed blade knife and it was awsome only problem was the tip broke off from fucking with it

urchin

Reaction score
One of my friends who was in the military got me a combat knife. I think it was made by Cold Steel. not only was it a great weapon but it could also work as a digging tool. Sadly I lent it to a friend and never got it back. I'm kind of afraid if telling the military friend because it was a wonderful knife.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I have a Mora classic #2 neck knife, a schrade 4 inch folder (the one with the USA stamp) a muela calibri belt knife, a hatchet and occasionally a machete.... i also keep a spare mora in my bag..

Reactions: RSTY802510

turnip

Reaction score
i also use a mora; cheap and damn reliable. i've had it for years now. only complaint is the shitty plastic sheath it comes with; i broke mine. make a new one and it's all gravy.

Reactions: RSTY802510
Reaction score
i carry the buck special combat style knife,50 bucks here in canada at walmart, never let me down once, been using the same type for years and won't change anytime soon,its stays shape forever, always last longer than it takes me to lose it,i also got a soft case that i sewed a pocked for a wet stone onto, i would enjoy a SOG knife as a secondary tho they make some really nice blades

Reaction score
if knifes our our best tool, please go out and get one worth more than 12 bucks at walmart, ive given so many knifes to hurting traveler kids it pains me, i always care 2 or 3

BurnReno

Reaction score
~Knives are essential on the road!!! I carry my leatherman and a switch blade///I cannot tell you how many times they have gotten me out of tight-spots.
~cheers

C

cavemansailor

Depending on my area of travel, I carry all kinds of knives:

Deep wilderness--Condor jungle bowie and an old modified fixed blade mountain man knife a friend made. Keep'em buried deep in my pack when in the city near cops. They'd have to dig through a lot to find them.

City--modified locking knife my brother made.

Bus--tiny, locking gerber knife kept razor sharp.

Planes/mexico--chert, obsidian or old TV glass flakes. look like rocks, goes through metal detectors, but are sharper than steel razors.

Big knives are really only useful for chopping brush and ribs and stabbing things. For skinning, whittling, and most cutting tasks, the smaller the better. And preferably one with a blade that is fixed or locks open. For self defense or dispatch of prey, small is also just fine. Just keep it razor sharp and go for the arteries or tendons.

I also have a tepoztopilli and macuahuitl--very unusual Aztec weapons made by embedding chert or obsidian microblades into hardwood clubs, spear points and knives. (There is one incorporated on my necklace in my avatar, wore it around 50 cops! HA HA!)

AlyKat

Reaction score
Mora - it's been said, but swedish steel, single bevel for crazy sharpness - ultra cheap, holds an edge. reliable. carbon or stainless. excellent for bushcraft - maybe not so much for self defense. and now there are many different styles. every other knife I had side by side was considered a 'back-up' knife.

Mad Max

Reaction score
What I have-not bad
Ontario RTAK-II for batoning fire wood.
USMC Ka-Bar
Buck 110 folding hunting knife
Sog Multi-Tool

What I wish I had
Swamp Rat Rodent 9 or Esee Jungles
Busse Team Gemini
Buck Boone and Crocket Alpha Hunter
Mora Bushcraft Black
Lone Wolf Big Water 8 inch folding fellit knife

jeffyDee

Reaction score
Multitools are all you need its easy as fuck to avoid conflicts its not like any of you are willing to stab someone you might as well get one of those collapsing batons and give your attacker a good few whacks in the head

Reactions: laughingman

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads