knifes/weapons that can not be detected by metal detectors | Squat the Planet

knifes/weapons that can not be detected by metal detectors

PAN AM HOBO

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
for travelers who are confronted with metal detectors and security wands while boarding buses planes, taxis or border crossings and still want some sort of defence that is undetectable
as you see there are many different options to choose from

C.I.A. COVERT CUTTER
cia_med2.jpg
With the help of Blackie Collins, Shomer-Tec has updated the classic, but decades-old, C.I.A. Letter Opener for the new millennium. This updated version is made from GV3H, the high-tech composite from Switzerland made with 30% glass fibers. This completely non-metallic device provides superior plunging power as well as a hard edge. The scalloped serrated edge on one side gives additional opening power on fiberous materials. The built-in clip eliminates the need for a sheath since it can clip directly to a belt, pants, sock, etc. The contoured handle is comfortable to hold and has a thumb depression for a secure grip. There is a hole in the handle for attachment of a lanyard. The C.I.A. Covert Cutter is completely non-metallic, non-magnetic, and non-absorbent, making this a perfect item for EOD personnel. Total length: 7.5". Color: non-reflective black. Made in Canada. $9.00

NON-METALLIC PUSH DAGGER

nmpd_med.jpg
This non-metallic push dagger style letter opener may be useful for more than just opening the mail. Constructed of robust 30% glass-reinforced nylon. Overall length: 6". Blade length: 3.5". Weight: 0.7 oz. Color: black. Made in USA.
Product Stock # Price Qty.
NON-METALLIC PUSH DAGGER
NMPD
$8.00

EMERSON NON-METALLIC KERAMBIT
enmk_med1.jpg
This version of the Emerson Kerambit is for those applications where an extremely tough, lightweight, non conductive, non-magnetic, non-metallic, knife is called for. Constructed of GV6H 60% glass fiber composite, it's the same size as the standard Emerson Kerambit, only it's a fixed blade version. Comes complete with light weight paddle style sheath that combines the best materials and design that sets a new standard for superior comfort, safety, security, and low noise in knife sheaths. Weight (knife only): 1.3 oz. Made in Canada.

EMERSON NON-METALLIC KERAMBIT
$24.00

CIA KNIFE
  • Dim=560&StoreID=2630&StoreName=selfdefenseproducts&FileName=3cceca2e-6857-45d9-9165-975373df050d.jpg
$5.75
Description
These knives are made of a super strong nylon composite that is almost as hard as steel. They can be driven through plywood like a nail. They are completely undetectable when passing through metal detectors.

CIA FINGER GRIP KNIFE
  • Dim=560&StoreID=2630&StoreName=selfdefenseproducts&FileName=06cd6808-a0a1-4c6e-a7f7-a85a820e41d4.jpg
$4.49 FINGER GRIP KNIFE

detail_6827_TOPS-NUK02.jpg Zoom

plugin_rollover_images.php?pimg=6827&w=100&h=100.jpg
TOPS NUK01BK NUK-01 Nuk Knife Single, Black
MANUFACTURER: TOPS Knives
SKU: TOPS-NUK01BK MPN: NUK01BK
Retail Price: $8.00
Our Price:
$5.95
CARBON FIBER VENTILATOR
cfv_med.jpg
With what appears to be no more than a standard cheap pen in your shirt pocket, you can now have a devastating last-ditch self-defense implement that you can take most anywhere with you.

The Ventilator is constructed from ultra-stiff hollow carbon fiber tubing, and has a penetrating point that is protected and concealed by a standard pen cap with a pocket clip. The opposite end is covered with a slightly tacky material to enhance the grip.

Carbon fiber is a high-tec material which is completely non-metallic, extremely strong, rigid, and way lighter than fiberglass. It's used in advanced aircraft, boats, sports equipment, etc. where performance is everything and cost is secondary.

Length: 6". Weight: 0.2 oz. Color: all black. Made in U.S.A.

Product Stock # Price Qty.
CARBON FIBER VENTILATOR
CFV
$19.00

NON-METALLIC DEFENSE SPIKE WITH SHEATH
Dim=800&StoreID=2630&StoreName=selfdefenseproducts&FileName=d8b1d243-9dc8-460e-b0d8-8dcdc61bd0a0.jpg

$8.95
This covert Defense Spike design has been around for over 50 years and was carried by soldiers and undercover opts on many missions as a backup piece to conventional weapons.
It was always made of high carbon or stainless steel. that is until now.
I knew it was only a matter of time before some one took it to the next level and made this dagger in a Non-Metallic undetectable plastic and include a sheath. Well we found them!
This Spike has 3 Angles and is made from Zytel Nylon and comes to a spear point and is 7.25 long. This unit includes a versatile nylon concealed carry sheath that makes concealing the spike easy.
Use the Spike in your hand or as a thrower. So light in weight that is can be attached virtually on any surface or in any direction. Find your use for our updated classic concealed carry edged weapon. A convienent lanyard hole is added for even more versatility.
Don feet t miss out on these, we don feet t know how long they will be around.
  • Made from Non-Metallic undetectable plastic
  • 7.25 inch Overall
CIA SPIKE
Dim=560&StoreID=2630&StoreName=selfdefenseproducts&FileName=16f0fee5-d89e-45d1-99f0-896eabfe9b1f.jpg

$4.95
These knives are made of a super strong nylon composite that is almost as hard as steel. They can be driven through plywood like a nail. They are completely undetectable when passing through metal detectors.

detail_349_CS92DD.jpg Cold Steel 92DD Delta Dart
$3.99
WOODEN STAKES WOODEN KNIVES WORK JUST AS WELL AND THEIR FREE
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoZgtLd7zllkk_gIgei6Oph1Ys5fcjCr2Npj5Gyyp1DzJTwMyj.jpg

$0.00

WOODEN KNIVES
Can be exotic,intriguing,or simple either way undetectable by metal detectors
134148-438x.jpg

bv1326-01.jpg

$0.00
maxresdefault.jpg

FTHV924H19RVDVS.MEDIUM.jpg

wood_knife_800.jpg

where to find or purchase:

( 1 ) http://www.osograndeknives.com/catalog/fixed-blade-non-detectable-knives-32-2.html

(2) https://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/products/blade-shop/nylon-fiber-knives

(3) http://www.shomer-tec.com/department/self-defense-24.cfm

KEEP THIS IN MIND AS WELL :
TSA Week in Review: 7" Nonmetallic Pocketknife Discovered With Body Scanner

SLC+Knife.JPG
Nonmetallic Pocket Knife – A 7” plastic pocketknife was discovered on a passenger during a pat-down after an anomaly was detected with a body scanner at Salt Lake City (SLC). The passenger stated he was trying to get the knife through security and was arrested on a federal charge.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that last paragraph is an excellent example of why we should not be encouraging travelers to board planes/buses/etc with non-metallic weapons (or any weapons at all).

sure, these knives are interesting, but if you get on some kind of transportation with one, you're a huge fucking dumbass and deserve what you get.

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

PAN AM HOBO

Banned
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
yea I definitely agree with you. just wanted to put it out there for travelers that it may work for
I had one for when I was in Buffalo NY as busses from Boston to New York now use security wands on people
it was for protection until I got to a place where I could get my fixed blade out of pack

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Probably be really good for greyhound stations when you stop in those big shithole cities. I've heard waay too many horror stories about somebody getting robbed on their way to get a beer.

I was also thinking ceramic knives would be good but you'd have to make sure it has no metalic pieces. Their also fairly easy to come by harbor freight and the like sell them for cheap.

I've also seen those cat knuckle things there's a plethora of stuff out there that you can get at smoke shops and liquor stores.

PAN AM HOBO

Banned
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
that was the whole point of the post for undetectable cheep protection you can throw out and it won't break your wallet or piss you off when you have to toss out a good knife I put my fixed blade up against the metal internal frame of my pack

K

Kim Chee

...it was for protection until I got to a place where I could get my fixed blade out of pack

Every blade is for protection even if yours is used on you.

Cops in U.S. carry their guns for protection<-----are you using their thinking error?

I do think your thread is informative, but might perpetuate the belief that "all travelers carry weapons".

The day is coming when you'll buy a knife which isn't supposed to have metal in it (yet does, because you buy from somebody who has embedded something in it which tips off detectors).

i sharpen weird non metal objects into blades,,

That skill might be useful in prison:)

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
Cool info, but IMO if you're going to be making do with a half-assed tool, you might as well purchase a cheapo knife for the same price once you arrive at your destination, instead of risking being caught. Unless, as you say, you're expecting to be mugged at the greyhound station.
I did this back in my days of cheating Ryanair out of checked baggage fees.

• Useful
Reactions: BadKidNick

BadKidNick

Reaction score
Every blade is for protection even if yours is used on you.

Cops in U.S. carry their guns for protection<-----are you using their thinking error?

I do think your thread is informative, but might perpetuate the belief that "all travelers carry weapons".

The day is coming when you'll buy a knife which isn't supposed to have metal in it (yet does, because you buy from somebody who has embedded something in it which tips off detectors).

That skill might be useful in prison:)
Some people travel because we came from abusive places. I have a huge blade I carry with me i will post it from my computer later. Its all fun and games with prison politics. But, when you survive a car drop at almost 100 mph because you couldn't deffend yourself. Carry something. People that pick hitchers are just as dangerous. Rule #1 you don't have to take every ride that stops. But, when you are cold down and out alone and broke. I hop in after I tell them I am armed. I'm not here to hurt anyone but, if you have an idea it might be your last one.

BadKidNick

Reaction score
Some people travel because we came from abusive places. I have a huge blade I carry with me i will post it from my computer later. Its all fun and games with prison politics. But, when you survive a car drop at almost 100 mph because you couldn't deffend yourself. Carry something. People that pick hitchers are just as dangerous. Rule #1 you don't have to take every ride that stops. But, when you are cold down and out alone and broke. I hop in after I tell them I am armed. I'm not here to hurt anyone but, if you have an idea it might be your last one.
Let me also say I'm never on drugs. Unless I get picked up by a pothead.

BadKidNick

Reaction score
that was the whole point of the post for undetectable cheep protection you can throw out and it won't break your wallet or piss you off when you have to toss out a good knife I put my fixed blade up against the metal internal frame of my pack
I just keep something that looks scary

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I have a knife but I don't essentially use it for defense though I do use it as a daily tool. Still having it will deter someone from messing with me when they see it clipped to the inside of my pocket. I also carry mace wich I would use as a primary though I have not had to. You could probably get away with mace in a metal detector because it comes in an aluminum can not sure if it would set it off.

Rob Nothing

Banned
Reaction score
unless you are james bond what is the utility of passing through metal detectors with a weapon? I don't understand.

when I get on a plane, I put my legal weapons in my luggage, and bury my illegal weapons somewhere safe for when I come back. reclaim luggage, and weapon, at destination on arrival...

when I am going into a government building to pay a parking ticket, I check my knife/bag at the front desk.

btw anyone have any paper shiv methods they want to share? or prison stories?

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

TMG51

Reaction score
When not wanting to present with a weapon, my suggestion is not to carry something obviously manufactured to be a concealed weapon. Or spend money on it for that matter. I have a beater bar which is simply steel flat stock. It slips into my pack in a sheath made of old seat belt. If I'm somewhere I don't want it to be construed as a weapon due to the 5-50 cord handle, digging out one end of the wrap and pulling will unravel and just toss the steel. I much prefer walking around a strange city with this than with a piece of plastic.

Obviously it's not for trying to take through metal detectors.

ALi5Eeq.jpg

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Wait... cant you take busses with a knife? Mine got robbed in Laos, and I wanted to buy a new one back in Canada (all the ones for sale in Asia are illegal in America. Ive literally seen a stiletto-brass knuckle handle for sale in Bangkok.)

But if it's illegal in bus rides I might go for a 'walking' stick. Cant you leave them in you luggage compartment pack or something?

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I've stopped carrying weapons a while ago for the main reason that they're more trouble than they're worth. I have a switch blade in my pack but that's used for utility purposes, not fighting the bad guys. Concealed knives are neat but I don't like the idea of someone being able to use my own against me in a pinch.

Remember kiddies, your most effective weapon is your brain.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
I've stopped carrying weapons a while ago for the main reason that they're more trouble than they're worth. I have a switch blade in my pack but that's used for utility purposes, not fighting the bad guys. Concealed knives are neat but I don't like the idea of someone being able to use my own against me in a pinch.

Remember kiddies, your most effective weapon is your brain.

Any weapon, knives or brain, is only fully effective if you know how to use it :p

As for the knife being used against you, I think the mistake most people do is to pull it out, and fling it like a wand... if you're gonna pull out a knife, use it right away.

VtJake

Reaction score
When I head out in June I've been thinking about carrying dog repellent(mace) and possibly this meat tenderizer. I have a spring loaded knife I was gonna bring but really don't want anything that will land me in jail or court on me since cops love harassing anyone carrying a large pack. I'd really like to never have to use these items on anyone but there's a lot of people out there that Don't have your best interests in mind..

Attachments

• 0426162316a.jpg
    0426162316a.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,165
Reactions: dirty andy

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads