Klymit Static V Luxe Sleeping Pad - Awesome extra wide pad | Squat the Planet

Klymit Static V Luxe Sleeping Pad - Awesome extra wide pad

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
I just bought this:
It's 30" wide and it came in the mail today; it's got to be the most comfortable pad I've ever owned. It's more comfortable than a regular bed. Weighing in at 1lb 12oz, it's hefty, but it packs down small, and seems to be worth the weight.

I've been skeptical of air pads for years. One ember flies onto it, and you're done. I'm worried about durability and will follow up in a few months regarding its sturdiness.

And I've always used a z-lite closed cell foam pad out of a die-hard commitment to ultralight gear, but after too many cold nights and too much back pain, my years on the z-lite were over. I'm hoping this will be just the right pad to keep me warm and comfortable.

It's 30" wide, so if you're a bigger human worried about rolling off narrow pads, this one will do the trick. Most pads I've slept on, I roll off from easily. I also tend to sleep on my side or stomach, with my leg all jacked up, and this pad can handle that position. Probably could sleep two in a pinch.
30" is WIDE:

71vVxFWUXsL._SL1200_.jpg

All in all happy with my purchase, but we'll see how it withstands the test.

If you want to buy this as well, check out Klymit's ebay account, where factory seconds that have been refurbished are sold for $70. Shipped to me in 48 hours (from UT to NY!!!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
I don't think that's the insulated version though? Anything other than the summer and you'll be gettin chilly. Unless you're packing some other insulation?

I bought the insulated one. R value of 4.9 I think.

Reactions: OutsideYourWorld

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads