Just want to live on a boat sometimes | Squat the Planet

Just want to live on a boat sometimes

Grace

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Grace and I'm pretty young but I'm excited to explore the world one day.

I'm younger but I just feel like ditching college and just living on a boat and traveling across the world for the rest of my life.

It's another pipe dream, but wouldn't that be amazing? Traveling to Tokyo, Cape Town, New York, all of that. I used to sail with my grandpa when I was younger and I loved it. Anyone else just want to abandon reality and live on a boat for months on end and sometimes visit coastal cities? God, how I envy those lucky enough to afford a boat.

At some point I'd definitely smuggle drugs for cash, if I had this chance.

Reactions: PukingPelican

Grimy Poe

Reaction score
I feel you about ditching college, the semester's almost over though and you can always take a semester or even a year off to do stuff. That's what I did, and I CANNOT SUGGEST IT ENOUGH...i had some of the best times of my life.

Kattfish

Reaction score
Uf, feel that dude. I wound up sticking with my college timeline, and I have to say it's worked out pretty well since graduation- have travelled and gone on a ton of adventures since. But to be honest, the traditional career field is not one for me, and I need to find my sustainable living / anarchy boat community. You can definitely find some boats to hitch with, I'm new here but I've had a good time with workaway.

Grace

Reaction score
Uf, feel that dude. I wound up sticking with my college timeline, and I have to say it's worked out pretty well since graduation- have travelled and gone on a ton of adventures since. But to be honest, the traditional career field is not one for me, and I need to find my sustainable living / anarchy boat community. You can definitely find some boats to hitch with, I'm new here but I've had a good time with workaway.

I feel like I don't want to go the traditional way everyone else has, I want to live differently. It'll be fun to live a life without going to college immediately or at all, probably will die before 30 tho.

roughdraft

Reaction score
good luck out there and yr not alone so do heed advice from those who've been in yr shoes!

optimize your time to build skills and that'll pay off exponentially "yr not getting any younger"

also, don't do drugs and travel as much as possible while yr young and more ehh agile

71184140_1265856330272402_8276883986391760896_n.jpg

Grace

Reaction score
good luck out there and yr not alone so do heed advice from those who've been in yr shoes!

optimize your time to build skills and that'll pay off exponentially "yr not getting any younger"

also, don't do drugs and travel as much as possible while yr young and more ehh agile
If anything I'll be doing weed and maybe lsd lmao

PukingPelican

Reaction score

View attachment 55495
Alieve,baby!Although i don't believe the ""All day long all day strong'' slogan...

PukingPelican

Reaction score
I myself will be slipping out of the work force soon.Just as soon as i figure which means of travel i will be talking.I'm fortunate to be living near the gulf of mexico and sailboats are cheap everywhere!But i enjoy working when i have good coworkers and the job is'nt back breaking.I do plumbing and do homes with closest's that is a studio apartment."
I may build your house but i might just burn it down!'But always remember to think before you leap.Cheers!

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Grace and I'm pretty young but I'm excited to explore the world one day.

I'm younger but I just feel like ditching college and just living on a boat and traveling across the world for the rest of my life.

It's another pipe dream, but wouldn't that be amazing? Traveling to Tokyo, Cape Town, New York, all of that. I used to sail with my grandpa when I was younger and I loved it. Anyone else just want to abandon reality and live on a boat for months on end and sometimes visit coastal cities? God, how I envy those lucky enough to afford a boat.

At some point I'd definitely smuggle drugs for cash, if I had this chance.
Hi, Grace. Yep, I have that dream, too. Minus the drug smuggling. I don't want to wind up on Locked Up Abroad!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Grace you can definitely do it, there's been many before you (men and women alike) that have dedicated themselves to living on the ocean. also, don't be in a rush to go to college since there's a lot of grants and stuff that you can qualify for after youre 24 (and therefore free of your parent's income determining your loan/grant amounts) so I say go travel when you're 18 and if you're ready do college at 24 and go from there.

also, you should watch the Hold Fast documentary:

I think it'll give you some inspiration.

Grace

Reaction score
@Grace you can definitely do it, there's been many before you (men and women alike) that have dedicated themselves to living on the ocean. also, don't be in a rush to go to college since there's a lot of grants and stuff that you can qualify for after youre 24 (and therefore free of your parent's income determining your loan/grant amounts) so I say go travel when you're 18 and if you're ready do college at 24 and go from there.

also, you should watch the Hold Fast documentary:

I think it'll give you some inspiration.

That video seems interesting. I'll watch it later.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads