Just want to live on a boat sometimes (1 Viewer)

Grace

Hey, I'm Grace and I'm pretty young but I'm excited to explore the world one day.

I'm younger but I just feel like ditching college and just living on a boat and traveling across the world for the rest of my life.

It's another pipe dream, but wouldn't that be amazing? Traveling to Tokyo, Cape Town, New York, all of that. I used to sail with my grandpa when I was younger and I loved it. Anyone else just want to abandon reality and live on a boat for months on end and sometimes visit coastal cities? God, how I envy those lucky enough to afford a boat.

At some point I'd definitely smuggle drugs for cash, if I had this chance.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Grimy Poe

I feel you about ditching college, the semester's almost over though and you can always take a semester or even a year off to do stuff. That's what I did, and I CANNOT SUGGEST IT ENOUGH...i had some of the best times of my life.

Kattfish

Lurker
Uf, feel that dude. I wound up sticking with my college timeline, and I have to say it's worked out pretty well since graduation- have travelled and gone on a ton of adventures since. But to be honest, the traditional career field is not one for me, and I need to find my sustainable living / anarchy boat community. You can definitely find some boats to hitch with, I'm new here but I've had a good time with workaway.

OP
Grace

Grace

Uf, feel that dude. I wound up sticking with my college timeline, and I have to say it's worked out pretty well since graduation- have travelled and gone on a ton of adventures since. But to be honest, the traditional career field is not one for me, and I need to find my sustainable living / anarchy boat community. You can definitely find some boats to hitch with, I'm new here but I've had a good time with workaway.
I feel like I don't want to go the traditional way everyone else has, I want to live differently. It'll be fun to live a life without going to college immediately or at all, probably will die before 30 tho.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
good luck out there and yr not alone so do heed advice from those who've been in yr shoes!

optimize your time to build skills and that'll pay off exponentially "yr not getting any younger"

also, don't do drugs and travel as much as possible while yr young and more ehh agile

71184140_1265856330272402_8276883986391760896_n-jpg.55495

OP
Grace

Grace

good luck out there and yr not alone so do heed advice from those who've been in yr shoes!

optimize your time to build skills and that'll pay off exponentially "yr not getting any younger"

also, don't do drugs and travel as much as possible while yr young and more ehh agile
If anything I'll be doing weed and maybe lsd lmao

PukingPelican

Pilgrim

View attachment 55495
Alieve,baby!Although i don't believe the ""All day long all day strong'' slogan...

PukingPelican

Pilgrim
I myself will be slipping out of the work force soon.Just as soon as i figure which means of travel i will be talking.I'm fortunate to be living near the gulf of mexico and sailboats are cheap everywhere!But i enjoy working when i have good coworkers and the job is'nt back breaking.I do plumbing and do homes with closest's that is a studio apartment."
I may build your house but i might just burn it down!'But always remember to think before you leap.Cheers!

LuckyMinnie

Rambler
Hey, I'm Grace and I'm pretty young but I'm excited to explore the world one day.

I'm younger but I just feel like ditching college and just living on a boat and traveling across the world for the rest of my life.

It's another pipe dream, but wouldn't that be amazing? Traveling to Tokyo, Cape Town, New York, all of that. I used to sail with my grandpa when I was younger and I loved it. Anyone else just want to abandon reality and live on a boat for months on end and sometimes visit coastal cities? God, how I envy those lucky enough to afford a boat.

At some point I'd definitely smuggle drugs for cash, if I had this chance.
Hi, Grace. Yep, I have that dream, too. Minus the drug smuggling. I don't want to wind up on Locked Up Abroad!

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
@Grace you can definitely do it, there's been many before you (men and women alike) that have dedicated themselves to living on the ocean. also, don't be in a rush to go to college since there's a lot of grants and stuff that you can qualify for after youre 24 (and therefore free of your parent's income determining your loan/grant amounts) so I say go travel when you're 18 and if you're ready do college at 24 and go from there.

also, you should watch the Hold Fast documentary:

I think it'll give you some inspiration.

OP
Grace

Grace

@Grace you can definitely do it, there's been many before you (men and women alike) that have dedicated themselves to living on the ocean. also, don't be in a rush to go to college since there's a lot of grants and stuff that you can qualify for after youre 24 (and therefore free of your parent's income determining your loan/grant amounts) so I say go travel when you're 18 and if you're ready do college at 24 and go from there.

also, you should watch the Hold Fast documentary:

I think it'll give you some inspiration.

That video seems interesting. I'll watch it later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

My Anarchist's Guide to Travel came in today, six days early! I know it's not anything major, but I feel like I'm finally making progress towards getting myself out and traveling.

Now I just have to make sure I don't forget about my book review (which I wrote in my spare time) because I was too busy plowing through this. 😬

EDIT: It also came with a message from Matt and an awesome StP sticker that I didn't notice at first! Thank you!!
Katbearfoot wrote on Fenimore's profile.
cool tats! ;)
Back in the states, where madness reigns supreme

But I'm alright here in Wichita, KS

Found some beautiful nature spots

kickin' it with my parents

Hit me up if you roll through

Hope you all are well and I hope things start changing for the better
Jerrell wrote on Twiggy's profile.
Good to hear.
Weekly voice chat is in 30 mins in our discord, come conversate with us using your vocal cords
Coronavirus, Murder hornets, race riots...level 6 jumanji starts tonight
Well spanged up enough for a greyhound dipping this thursday thx! For the help!
My account finally says "Hobo"
No one can tell me I didn't earn my skank
Anyone in Minneapolis at the protest, just got back here from Duluth
Will do these posts occasionally so family and friends know we are alive and well.
Currently: in Mariposa, CA, getting ready to head to Coulterville, CA.

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
ANo1