John: Looking for Something Better

smalljohn

Reaction score
Hi, I’m John.

I’ve been in Colorado for about 4 years now. The longest I’ve been anywhere. While I wasn’t in a military family, we bounced around a lot while I was growing up and, from the ages of 18 to 20 I was moving around, couch surfing, and living in my car when needed. And it feels weird to be seemingly tied down to a place now.

I have a good job and a good life by most standards, but, frankly, I’m tired. I’ve been searching for a community for a long time and haven’t really found what I’m looking for.

So I’m here for one reason: finding a community.

I don’t know if that means a commune or just a group of likeminded people. But hopefully my search can be completed here.

The Hiker

Reaction score
Hey! Glad you're here. I highly recommend checking out the primitive skills gathering community. Not sure if there are any in CO but there's one coming up in NE Utah called Fire to Fire. It's a week of classes on friction fire, hide tanning, survival and traditional skills and crafts. There are a lot of free spirits there and drifters, people who are trying to escape the american dream for one reason or another. Hope you find your tribe!

Magma

Reaction score
Start camping near home, bring less and less with you each time. Once your confident, start going farther from home and longer trips. At some point, your thumb will go up and home will be where ever you are. Enjoy each moment with a open mind and you'll find the freedom and community you seek.

The Hiker

Reaction score
Start camping near home, bring less and less with you each time. Once your confident, start going farther from home and longer trips. At some point, your thumb will go up and home will be where ever you are. Enjoy each moment with a open mind and you'll find the freedom and community you seek.

Beautiful

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads