Jerome AZ Old High School Performance Space (1 Viewer)

dumpsternavel

Wayfarer
Current Location
Fuck Off Land
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Yo yo yo

Currently, I am in Jerome, AZ. One of my favorite places I've been to thus far; during my travels. Waiting in a re-vamped high school, turned art studio space parking lot. Finishing a 40 oz.~ with my love crashed out sideways from passenger seat to my lap.

Waitin' for one of the artists that is occupying studio space who offered her couch to us. Ashley is the shit, as well as many other things. She is working to create a space for performance involving: Spoken Word Poetry, Open Mics welcoming music, and other theatrical endeavors invoking emotion, sharing, comedic relief, and shock value.
She'll be presenting "The Vagina Monologues" live performance the end of February this year, and was stoked to have us spread the word here on STP. Anyone looking to participate in such endeavors is encouraged to travel through, and she will be more than willing to offer you a spot to rest yeuh head within reason for sure.

Her spot is located on the top level of building C. She's usually around Thurs- Sun. Which will be when performance is predominately happening on her self made stage.

Ch Ch ch check it out if you please.
None the less, Jerome is an amazing spot comfortably nestled in the mountains north of Sedona. With a small population of dwellers. An abandoned mining town, re-established by squatters who were able to obtain electricity through deals with the state by simply rebuilding ruins, essentially. With public open container drinking laws (In specific areas) and saturation of artistic tradesmen. Fuck yeah Jerome.

The old high school is my favorite spot. Many to meet, plenty to see.

Involve yourself if you'd like*~

Much appreciation

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
G

Grubblin

I deleted myself
I second that: fuck yeah Jerome! I spent a week there last month. If anyone here gets the chance it's definitely worth the trip.

T Spoon

Lurker
Current Location
Phoenix, AZ
yo i live right fuckin next to here and i never knew this. i mean i knew this town was awesome but i never knew the history behind it. i need to go back there.

A

AnOldHope

I deleted myself
The internet says an artist who was in Tool and Perfect Circle is from there.

G

Grubblin

I deleted myself
If anyone goes to Jerome and is looking for a camping spot head up past the haunted gold mine on the gravel FS road. The road starts in town by the fire station. Once you get about a mile and a half from town there's a great place to camp, no hassles and I was there for just over a week.

OP
dumpsternavel

dumpsternavel

Wayfarer
Current Location
Fuck Off Land
Website
m.soundcloud.com
I've camped at this spot and it really is amazing. No one fucks with you, there's fire pits, and it's really pretty up there. Can get cold at night but during the warmer seasons it's perfect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

nearly got arrested this morning for graffiti crime! I wrote"nice toilet, five stars will shit here again" and this fucking KID who looked like a fucking boy scout wanted to arrest me !?!?!?!?!?!? did I get that drunk I woke up in north korea this morning ?
I regret to announce that I will no longer be associating myself with squat the planet due to a very deep and nuanced personal disagreement and subsequent disrespect. If you would like to get the full story, feel free to contact me directly. I will still be hosting this year's annual party as i have for the past four years.
Happy :) 8 more days till my babe is out <3
2800 k this past week or so on teh vespa!ODIN give me a medal !
Scooped up some dirty kids from the USA at walmart. Glad we caught ya's and had some time to party before you headed out. Safe travels Sasha and Meaghan! You're fucking awesome!
Lovely, and greasy... duh
Turns out, @Rhubarb Dwyer is even more handsome in person.
Watch out Australia! Tay is flying in on the 24th!
It only took three cities over three different time zones, but I finally got to meet up with @IVth. And, lemme tell ya, it was worth every mile. What a mensch!