Jason Asselin vs. Suspicious Panhandlers in Michigan | Squat the Planet

Jason Asselin vs. Suspicious Panhandlers in Michigan

D

Deleted member 8978

Okay, one of the latest videos that showed up in my YouTube news feed was a hero (in his own mind) that had multiple encounters with panhandlers that pose as homeless people. Most recently, he dealt with one that had a camper. He recorded an incident over an hour long (so it is bandwidth intensive if you're viewing this on a throttled 4G device) and showed to his subscribers educating about suspicious panhandlers and the impact it can have on the communities involved. And it can be the other way around, where Asselin could potentially expose himself as a narc/snitcher and scare away honest and legit homeless people - so situations like this can go both ways. Asselin himself is a proud resident of Iron Mountain in Michigan, if not, he hangs around there a lot. Whatever you do, make sure you do not give him any foam while he's still got the gasoline because he can light people up like napalm - whether they deserve it or not.

roughdraft

Reaction score
interesting video thanks for the post

with all the world has going on I'm not sure how begging, for an honest lack of fuel or not, would make someone so 'furious'

i could be missing a point here but this guy's dislike for these folks begging is a bit blown out of proportion

like what the hell man, don't give them any money and mind your own business. it's not like they were out there threatening people.

and he's trying to drum up a boycott for Walmart...something tells me they're going to be ok....

Last edited:

roughdraft

Reaction score
coolio home skillet

me love you long time

and to keep it 1000 i have a lot of sympathy for these 'do-gooders', they want a life with purpose i just feel they are misguided

the most important issue is...Cape design....what colors and symbols are we looking at?

Reactions: Juan Derlust

roughdraft

Reaction score
that's what we're going with - the mundane avenger! black and white cape with MEH on the back

Meh. i could be bothering people who have actual power and resources but, if i harass beggars it's just as good right? mehhhh im not a coward...mehhhh

Kilo

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
If youre rockin a 30 thousand or 20 grand rv and dont have gas. How is some dude at walmart prolly rollin a toyota carrola going to kick you down anything? They give all panhandlers a terrible name. At least move far farrrr away from your rv and ask for some help. This is just my opinion, have some respect for the gen population. they dont have 20g and up RVs.

Axiom

Reaction score
God says we are not supposed to pick or choose who we help. If there's a rich man asking for food. Your supposed to feed him reguardless. Who are we to deny God's children? I hate this observation of if someone has a $20,000 camper that they are being offensive. Noone knows their story. They could have had a house fire. They could of lost their jobs and had their home repocessed by defaulting on a mortgage. How bad does one have to be before it's okay to give them something? Noone is being forced if you don't believe the story move on. Simple as that. As for the man. He needs to get a life.

Reactions: scutellaria

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads