Japan Tsunami Relief

xbocax

Reaction score
I will be searching for this but if anyone knows of any tsunami volunteer programs or facilities that will house me up if I can pay for my plane ticket please let me know. I'm looking to go there for spring break and do what I can.

Tanx

GLASZ

Reaction score
I tried finding a program for you but it seems for a majority of the "relief" comes down to disaster relief fundraising by non-profits. This is probably due to the fact that this disaster only happened 24 hours ago, so people are still organizing. For relief programs such as the red cross, it seems you need training from volunteer work before you are able to be deployed internationally. Alot of what I read is looking for people who speak japanese as well. I'll keep looking though. I'd say if you want to get in the middle of it all, just go. Friends of mine didn't have any connection with programs when they just got up and went to Haiti and Chile when they needed help. Also, a majority of Japan speaks english, so if you do end up going, I doubt it would be that hard to find what you need. Let alone the respect many will have for you to travel thousands of miles just to take action and help their people. Strength and solidarity to whatever you choose to do.

xbocax

Reaction score
Yah I Think thats what I'll end up doing thanks so much and I will fill in everyone as events proceed.

RideMoreTrains

Reaction score
make sure you donate to a legitimate charity of you do donate money. most of the money pledged by charities for Haiti relief has not been received yet. the money probably went to line some fat cats pockets for a so-called salary. its bullshit.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
i got a job cleaning up after katrina. myself along with about 15 other workers got a ride down there with a contractor and a week and 1/2 later, were just left by the foreman in nola with no pay, no ride "home", and no fucking word of where the guy was. i ended up being fine and getting back with not too many problems, but that shit was happening left and right. people were going down there with work crews and not getting paid and not getting back from where they came. i saw it as an opportunity to help a cause while making a little cash at the same time. didn't happen.
i would really like to help out in japan, as i wanted to in chile also, but if the same thing happens to me there it would be a little more difficult to get back to the states after being fucked over. i hate that contractors are using people like that who are trying to help while making a buck and just fucking them over.
if anyone finds a reliable source please let me know. i'm housed up for now with my partner whom is not really down with the traveling lifestyle, so things like this are a great reason to get away for a while (while working for a cause). i'm getting to that point to where i really need to MOVE AROUND, and it's not so simple with my girl going to school and all.
everyone please keep your eyes and ears open for legit jobs going to japan to help with the disaster relief.

keg

Reaction score
anyone who finds out if my chick and my 2 kids are ok,i will hook you up with a place to stay in tokyo,saitama,gifu,chiba,or fukushima if the house is still up.i do not really know how to use computer.

ok heres the info
junko yabuki
momoko yabuki
nanako yabuki

kori-machi
date gun
fukushima japan

can hook you up with the kine and get you into shows free and drink in some shows free.and you do not have to worry about being "sick"............

keg

Reaction score
heh xbocax are you full of shit or something?get a ticket i will give you place to stay.and a couple great pdx bands are there now or soon.or for all you money hungry people find my kids and i will give you some cash.

xbocax

Reaction score
heh xbocax are you full of shit or something?get a ticket i will give you place to stay.and a couple great pdx bands are there now or soon.or for all you money hungry people find my kids and i will give you some cash.

I have yet to understand anything you have written

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score
um nooffense..but i think the last thing they need right now is some clueless functional mute to feed house and figure out what to do with....it makes sense to go help in a country where u can communicate but imagine if a bunch of pennyless peruvians WHO COULDINT SPEAK ENGLISH SHOWED UP AFTER KATRINA TO "HELP" DEMANDING TO BE HOUSED AND FED
Sorry about the caps i have a habit of looking at the keyboard when i type

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads