It's been awhile!

Gamer197

Reaction score
Hey everyone! A little update since my last post:

. Currently backpacking the world for 4 years!

. Spent a month in the mountains of Ukiah on a sustainability farm (the one where everything you harvest from the garden ends up on your table lol)

. Hitchhiked from Ukiah, CA to Petaluma, CA

. Currently spending time with a nice woman in Richmond, CA

. Leaving in a few days to go become a camp counselor for two months and getting paid to do it before heading to Japan for three months

Also where does everyone here get free food? Not just food banks but everywhere else lol

Reactions: Goodtimecharlie1987

searover

Reaction score
Amazing! You just started on the 4 year journey? How did you find the farm in Ukiah?
Have you taken any statistics about hitchhiking in your journeys? (avg. wait times, distances, etc)
What's the plan in Japan?

• Love It
Reactions: Gamer197

Gamer197

Reaction score
Yes! I just started! I found the farm through Workaway.com, a volunteer site. The couple are also on WWOfing as well. Hitchhiking out of Ukiah to me about an hour & thirty minutes. The cops came up to me as well but they were just checking on me and let me know that it was Illegal. It's not BUT by technicality it is since it's not safe but that depends on how you do if and if you have common sense. When i get to Japan i have to go look at property because I plan on purchasing a house there as well as taking a pilgramage to the 80 different temples on this one trail I found in a travel book a few months ago. I'll also be volunteering there and chasing my dream of wielding a katana

Reactions: searover

searover

Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out with the cops. How have WWOOFING/Workaway hosts been treating you thus far? You'll be taking the Shikoku Pilgrimage? Sounds amazing!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads