It just wasn't gonna get any better | Squat the Planet

It just wasn't gonna get any better

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
I've only been in 3 relationships. The first one was with my sons mother. But it was over before they were born. And once they were born, she split and hooked up with some guy then like 2 months later she was going to prison for burglary.

The second relationship. She was very possessive. I would go to work, she'd call and make sure I was there. She would time me getting off work and making it home. Very jealous of my kids. That was her downfall. The day she told me that I need to track down their mother and send them to her because she wanted to start a better life for me and her. She gone! I'm not saying my kids are perfect. But they were only 6. Kids are obnoxious not to mention I have twin boys.

My third relationship was the worst. At first it was great. Dated for 2 years then she convinced me to give up my apartment and move in with her. Then she changed. For a full year She wanted to keep an argument going all the time. If she didn't have anything to argue about, she would look for something to argue about. Always threatening me that if I didn't change the ways she wanted, she was leaving. It was always over shit that shouldn't even matter. There at the end, she wanted to argue over toothpaste. Said the way I roll the end of the toothpaste tube looked very tacky. I had to hear her bitch about it for 3 days.

In the mornings she was always up and gone for work before me. But she always left a song play on the stereo for me on repeat. It was usually Meatloaf's song Anything For Love. The night before I left, I kept thinking that if we are arguing over Toothpaste and the way I hold my dinner fork, shit ain't gonna get any better. I woke up the next morning. I listened to the song she had playing for me. Knowing I hate fucking country music. It was Blackhawk's GOODBYE SAYS IT ALL Packed my clothes, took her red lipstick and in big letters wrote GOODBYE on her wall. Before I left I put her a song on the radio on repeat.

L0s3r

Reaction score
Good for you man. I dated an awful bitch like that once. Argued over every little thing. She ended up assaulting me because I was going to eat a kit kat bar after leaving a cubic centimeter of this tomato stuff on my plate (she forced me onto a strict diet that was not proper for my build and lifestyle) I was sick and tired of doing everything while she had the nerve to sit on her ass and complain. I ended up walking out on her. No need to put up with that shit my friend

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
My goodness - boy, glad you are in the clear now. Sorry for all not working out. And totally understand.

heh had a few not so goods, a marriage that went sour fast but I tried to rescue it way too many times that just led to more heartbreak. Did break up with a really good guy so I could go back with the ex husband on the 6th try (stupid me).

But am currently with a good guy for 10 years. LOL met him on an online bicycle forum - he lived in PA, me NY. Probably 5 years travel to meet up till he's up here. Took a while but it looks good here, if anything I'm the beotch and have to reign myself in - living too long by myself - got use to things to be the way I'm used too. That is not so when living with someone.

Good luck sir there is someone out there. :)

MFB

Reaction score
Fascinating how some folks try to change their partner instead of just changing partners...
I think a lot of ppl dont have the courage to leave or be by themselves. So they stay in an unhappy relationship.

Good on ya, Brad. 4th times the charm!

I think it's a healthy perspective to realize the vast majority of relationships have a timeline and an end date. When falling in love ppl tend to think itll last forever, but dont consider the reality of two years down the road. Its important to enjoy it while it lasts, but also to be brave enough to leave when there's more bad than good. I dont see this as a negative thought process, but more being realistic. For some there is the happily ever after. But for most it turns into an ongoing struggle.

Last edited:

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
@roughdraft Not no more. For my birthday a few years back my son got me the tube roller.
alt_344504_1_2x.jpg

@Juan Derlust True shit! I had long hair Since I was like 12. My long hair wasn't a problem until I moved in. Nothing was a problem until I moved in. And on some real shit, there at the end, every time she started, all I could her was my moms voice. I never once asked her to change anything.

My childhood friend, she is going thru the same thing. Her boyfriend, he is one of those who was potty trained at gunpoint. Last Christmas I wrapped up a box of tampons and gave to him.

I am content on the way I live now. My son KC is a handfull. He has a learning disability which is a Mental Development Delay. He is 21 but his mind is that of a 15 year old. He thinks our father and son relationship should be a prank war and if we were keeping score, yea he's got me a few times. I'll give him that, but the ER here in Redding all remember him as the kid who thought he was pregnant with a chicken

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads