Is the Greyhound still pretty laid back? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Is the Greyhound still pretty laid back?

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
My son rode to Missouri and back this past summer. Other then the bus breaking down and the 8 hour delay in Phoenix, he said the ride was ok and "hella Chill". The free wifi on some of the buses suck.

D

Deleted member 24782

NO, its not "laid back", the seat tilts about two inches making for the most uncomfortable ride of your life. You will have absolutely no leg room, and probably wont sleep for the entire trip. The bus wont stop at any of the good truck stops because they don't want Greyhounds business, since passengers just stand around and smoke and steal shit. Not to mention, the driver may call the cops on ALL the passengers for the mere mention of weed. Don't do it.

This is "Squat the PLanet" not "ride on busses around the planet", hitchhike, trainhop, or drive a Toyota Prius which runs on fairy dust, its the only way to travel.

Edit: obviously you took your trip already, this is just a shoutout to whoever else....

2nd Edit: you will also catch passengers fucking really loud behind nearby dumpsters...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Coywolf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
NO, its not "laid back", the seat tilts about two inches making for the most uncomfortable ride of your life. You will have absolutely no leg room, and probably wont sleep for the entire trip. The bus wont stop at any of the good truck stops because they don't want Greyhounds business, since passengers just stand around and smoke and steal shit. Not to mention, the driver may call the cops on ALL the passengers for the mere mention of weed. Don't do it.

This is "Squat the PLanet" not "ride on busses around the planet", hitchhike, trainhop, or drive a Toyota Prius which runs on fairy dust, its the only way to travel.

Edit: obviously you took your trip already, this is just a shoutout to whoever else....

2nd Edit: you will also catch passengers fucking really loud behind nearby dumpsters...

That's pretty fucking spot on, lol.

I've seen seniors get rolled for their meds, fist fights on the bus, people openly lighting up joints on the bus to get it to stop near their house. I've seen guns, OD's, a dude (no ticket) hiding in the bathroom that got rolled by cops when ylthey kicked the door in and drug him out.

I've seen an entire bus shout at border patrol doing citizen checks to "get the fuck of the bus, nazis".

I've seen a greyhound going the opposite way engulfed in flames on the side of the highway.

I've been t boned on a bus, not bad, but still.

But hey, I've also gotten majorly fucked up with a bunch on anarcho punks while waiting for our bus in DT LA, did some bomb ass coke with some dude in TX, and had some really fucked up conversations.

Lord help you if the person sitting next to to is a wingnut who wants to talk for the whole ride...and you both have 500 miles to go....

That is greyhound in a nutshell. It blows. Alot.

Every time I see a greyhound ad on Facebook I troll the fuck out of the post with my horror stories of riding the Dirty Dog. Then other users chime in with theirs till the have to take the post down.

Hilarious!

Edit: I've ridden in a gondola filled with sharp, rusty metal that was more comfortable than riding Dirty Dog.

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
Atlanta will sometimes have people walking around checking bags. Salt Lake City, Utah is the only city I've been through that makes everyone line up and checks every single bag. Arizona, and it seems like anywhere close to the Mexican border, will have these random searches from Border patrol folks, checking IDs, bags, sometimes they bring on dogs. It's always at a random rest stop well away from the station. Been east to west quite a few times and it's pretty damn lax. Never gone up north tho.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads