Is Slab City Reproducible on Owned Land? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Is Slab City Reproducible on Owned Land?

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
There are a TRILLION little islands suitable here there and everywhere in the US

Yeah I've always wondered what would be a good place for it, though with everything going on now in California and the healthy population of people more open to it I think it'd be the place to set one's eyes on in terms of an island community. Wrap some #CalExit BS in it or something for more approval. Ghost towns come to mind as well.

well, aviators. i dont think they have to be ''punx'' necessarily. i dont give a phuq if they blast Achy Breaky Heart at top volume. :D

I'm gonna get a biplane some day, and paint it all up in Catalonia's colors and you can't stop me.

Reactions: Mankini

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
British Columbia has islands I hear

I almost feel that Canadians would tolerate American squatters less than local authorities in the US. Aside from the whole militarized BS you see out at the Dakota Pipeline.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
I almost feel that Canadians would tolerate American squatters less than local authorities in the US. Aside from the whole militarized BS you see out at the Dakota Pipeline.

I was thinking so remote a place to be very hard to be seen. IDK

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
Idk Canada is pretty picky bout who they let in their country...

Exactly, that's why I think it wouldn't work out too well.

I was thinking so remote a place to be very hard to be seen. IDK

That could also work, you'd just need to go to the far north and be able to handle the horrid winters.

It would be great if you could find some little piece of ignored land, like Liberland did. http://www.againstcronycapitalism.org/2015/04/liberland-a-new-libertarian-country-in-eastern-europe/

Sorry I just have to laugh every time I see "crony capitalism." Kind of an oxymoron. The idea is solid though.

A

AlwaysLost

Its a hellacool idea. There was a place called turtle island a few years back but they got nailed by the housing committee for unsafe residences. Not sure what happened after that.

You need to be close enuff to society to resupply but in a place no one cares about. But hey if u find that special place...I don't want to be a dream assassin.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Its a hellacool idea. There was a place called turtle island a few years back but they got nailed by the housing committee for unsafe residences. Not sure what happened after that.

You need to be close enuff to society to resupply but in a place no one cares about. But hey if u find that special place...I don't want to be a dream assassin.

I know a Place. Aint nobody cryin.

Talk to ppl who know Black Bear Ranch in Siskiyou Co. Theyve been doing it for almost 50 years.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
right down the road from where I am is a place with a bunch of campers scattered sporadically about on a few acres. IDK what it is, if its private property or an RV park of some sort or what.

Get some land and have a legit house/structure/trailer and then people can just camp on it. Or get it zoned as a private campground or whatever.

31373023096_b1d464ebcc_c.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads