Is Detroit still a violent place to be? | Squat the Planet

Is Detroit still a violent place to be?

Ace9133

Reaction score
Unsure if this is the right place to post this. Was wondering if Detroit is still fairly crime-ridden? I don't feel like getting shot or stabbed over the $20 in my pocket. I'd likely be train-hopping in on Norfolk Southern into the Dearborn or Melvindale area. Thanks in advance!

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've moved your thread to the united states section. good luck!

Reactions: Ace9133

Bibs

Reaction score
Unsure if this is the right place to post this. Was wondering if Detroit is still fairly crime-ridden? I don't feel like getting shot or stabbed over the $20 in my pocket. I'd likely be train-hopping in on Norfolk Southern into the Dearborn or Melvindale area. Thanks in advance!
Yes absolutely, but as with most places your mileage may vary depending on where you go and what time you are there. Stay away from the Gratiot corridor though, it's just plain bad news to be in that area. Good luck and be safe.
With gratitude, -Ian

Ace9133

Reaction score
Yes absolutely, but as with most places your mileage may vary depending on where you go and what time you are there. Stay away from the Gratiot corridor though, it's just plain bad news to be in that area. Good luck and be safe.
With gratitude, -Ian
Thank you Ian, I appreciate your input. I might stay near the Dearborn area temporarily. Might go up to Troy and hang out up there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads