Intro from CA

Holec89

Reaction score
Hey everyone i'm Scott from California. I'm originally from the central valley and from 2011- 2015 i've been working a lot of dead end warehouse jobs and really just got tired of a repeatative paycheck to paycheck lifestyle where I always felt trapped and anchored in, it was depressing and it felt like I had no freedom.
So I decided to pretty much sell all of my things, quit my shitty job at Amazon, and decided to travel for as long and as far as I can. So far i've been to 17 countries in central Europe, eastern Europe, and parts of the Middle East and Eurasia. I have been experiencing life in a more positive and optimistic outlook than I had ever had holding down a job and apartment with the security of a stable future, despite never really knowing if the future will bring me into poverty or just enough to get by as I travel through.
The past 9 months i've been staying in Oakland with my close friends, we are all in the same band together and we just finished recording our new album and a tour around the Pacific Northwest. However I still have so much wanderlust that I haven't been able to fulfill, and by the end of the year i'll be out on the road again, this time im buying a greyhound to Tijuana, Mexico, where I plan to hitchhike to Argentina, to say the least this will probably take some time but honestly i'm in no rush. Anyways that's my short intro, thanks for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Time4Change

Reaction score
Welcome man, just rejoined here myself as well. Glad to see others from CA, plan on heading out from SF/Oakland area for the slabs in the next couple months. You ever traveled there from central ca/oakland?

Looks like you're well traveled, that's rad man! Wish I had the opportunity to travel more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads