News & Blogs - Instinct and empathy: The challenges female hikers face on the AT | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Instinct and empathy: The challenges female hikers face on the AT

roughdraft

Reaction score
Speaking of AT safety, I've been half assed looking at hiking it this year and have identified a few areas of concern myself other than straight white men. If anyone's interested? If not that's ok too.

Bears: An unusual amount of bears have been spotted in 2019. This trend will continue in 2020

Hostels/Rest stops: This one has been identified as a place we all everyone might want to avoid. Lol

It's called the Wolf Pen Country Store? I think it advertises or it did advertise as a hostel. It's not apparently. But I think if your a straight white mail they give you toilet paper. Lol.

JK

No, but it would be great to see a good thread about safety issues and how to handle them. And his to plan for them. I am an expert at this hy no means yet I have led people through a few hairy trips, succesfully.

ha! that shit's comedy, people are always unprepared and wanna bitch about lack of toilet paper or drinking fountains or whatever.

But, someone is going to ask you to start your own thread, maybe a more 'general' AT thread, so as to not derail the more precise theme of this thread. I for sure would be interested to know more about the bear sighting/encounter increase, etc.

Windwalker

Reaction score
Yeah well thers nothing funny about a gas station with no tp that advertises as a hostel that isnt to take advantage of hikers/travellers. As far as the preciseness of this thread as it applies to AT safety it's highly suspect, along with your comments.

But, you must be right.

As far as bears go do your own research since your so prepared.

roughdraft

Reaction score
Yeah well thers nothing funny about a gas station with no tp that advertises as a hostel that isnt to take advantage of hikers/travellers. As far as the preciseness of this thread as it applies to AT safety it's highly suspect, along with your comments.

But, you must be right.

As far as bears go do your own research since your so prepared.

alright, check this out - it's chat, and it's about complex topics. If you wanna get passive aggressive and butthurt, this is as far as we get

Windwalker

Reaction score
Lol.

Rough draft! Your back!

Did you stay sober today??

1/2 day?

Its good to hear from you either way.

I'm not being passive aggressive either though. You might be projecting. (See how crazy they get?) Lol what were you saying about having my face bashed in and now your talking crap about being passive aggressive??

Look man I'm not into having complex discussions. Anyone can have those, and they do. It's easy. What's not easy is to be honest and direct. Well, it is in the long run.

Look dude if you think I'm being passive aggressive or whatever them just ignore me or whatever. I'm not really trying to have a relationship with you, where we set boundaries. But I guess you are?

Sorry it's not my cup of tea.

I wish I could actually just delete my account. I tried once, and then returned. Mistake.

I guess I could be kicked out of here or banned and called a Douche Bag, by some other Douche Bag. But then I guess it doesnt matter then?

From everything I've seen so far this is all just one person's opinion about what being an anarchist is and a whole lot of followers.

But isnt following a leader contrary to what Anarchy is?

Meh

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads