Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow Children, The New Age Movement, Healing Crystals, etc. | Squat the Planet

Indigo/Crystal/Rainbow Children, The New Age Movement, Healing Crystals, etc.

T

Toasty Tramp

I need some assistance.
I know OF these topics, but don't KNOW...well, anything else, really.

I'm desperately trying to track down credible information and figure this shit out. I'd be more than happy to read a book or 10, if I knew which ones to dive into. I DO know that these Children are human bodies with extraterrestrial spirits that were sent to unfuck Mankind. I know Indigo Children were supposed to be the first, beginning to appear somewhere in like the 60's through the 80's. Rainbow Children throughout the 90's, and Rainbow Children ever since. I know the groups have their own distinct purpose.

I know a lot of people have turned their trust into the healing power of various crystals, but I couldn't tell ya why or if it works. I'd love to report from first hand experience, but I have none.

I know a lot of people believe in the idea that we're all intrinsically connected on the spiritual level...But I couldn't tell ya where the idea originates, and what the rest of the idea says (I'm sure there's more to it.)

I dunno where the hell to begin :(
HELP.

K

Kim Chee

I'm not sure if any spirits are terrestrial.

We're here and then we're there (I think).

I'm assuming spirits (souls) are unencumbered by physical constraints.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I know a lot of people believe in the idea that we're all intrinsically connected on the spiritual level...But I couldn't tell ya where the idea originates, and what the rest of the idea says (I'm sure there's more to it.)

I don't know about the rest... crystals and rainbow children. (a search turned up some pages on it... ?? )

Although if you want to explore something on the level of manifestations of your consciousness/spirit, we had an interesting article/discussion a while ago here.

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/...-another-universe-at-death.24337/#post-176122

Reactions: Mankini

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Bunch of conspiracy sites out there that have some info on them about this. Plus Google some wiccan things. I have a couple of books that I have made on this - my shadow books. It is mostly a self discovery kind of thing as I was invited to a coven but did not decide to to that - it was like it was my my next family - um no. I'm a solitary wiccan. And I do hold belief in the individual gemstones as well as herbs. Not sure where you are going with this?

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
The best place to start is with a trip down to your local library or used book store which most, luckily in this day and age have a metaphysical/ new age section usually around the religion or philosophy section (some of which you may be looking for may be found here as well).
Grab a few of the basic shorter books on what your looking for or something that jumps out at you. Many of the books you will read will have references to further your reading.
There are books that take a general approach to these subjects and there are ones that focus on specific subjects. As with any other subject the more you learn about it the more you will form your own idea of what its all about by comparing information.
Also depends on what your aim is in this subject as it is very broad. (Are you trying to learn about the indigo children themselves, about the metaphysical properties of gems, or the general subjects associated with these things?)
A good book that I have learned a lot from is tao te ching by lao tzu which teaches about the properties of yin and yang. It is a fairly common book probably located in the philosophy section. I've used what I've learned from this book into practise in multiple parts of my life.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
T

Toasty Tramp

I'm not sure, either, to be honest. I know absolutely nothing about Wicca, and I'm looking for a good place to change that. The problem I'm having is that we're in the age of the internet, where most of man's knowledge has been collected and indexed and available with a few taps of your fingers.
I honestly just dunno where the fuck to even begin ::confused::
What I posted is pretty much what I'm aware of on the matter...I dunno, I've managed to make it 25 years before ever coming into contact with Wicca. It has my curiosity :D

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
Wicca and the whole rainbow/crystal children movement definitely aren't one and the same. But, as a very curious person, I can point you to some good resources to learn about wicca/neopaganism from. I'm not a dedicated neopagan or witch, however I have found the movements fascinating enough to garner a bit of a library surrounding them :) I've also dabbled here and there.

Some good books to start with;
A Witches' Bible, by Stewart Farrar - This is a rather detailed volume that describes the Sabbats and seasonal rituals performed in traditional Wiccan covens. It is not based around solitary practice, as most of the rituals require any number of people.
Drawing Down the Moon, by Margot Adler - This more of a sociological course surrounding Neopaganism and witch craft writ large. Far more general and focused on the culture of the religions rather than the specific rituals of them. This book can also point you in the direction of many other books surrounding the subject.
Wicca; a Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, and its companion volume, Living Wicca, by Scott Cunningham- These are beginner's guides to the ethics of solitary Wicca. They also contains instructions on some basic rituals, and various symbols that one can use in his/her own spells.

You can easily get these books used online, or, like others said, step into a used book shop. You can find some damn interesting books on paganism, witch craft, and related religions just wasting away in the shadows of a dusty book shelf, sometimes.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
I was told, long ago, that I am definitely an Indigo child.

I have a friend who is VERY knowledgeable on this very subject.

Private message me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Reactions: Mankini and Kal

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
Oh and as a sideline, her info will be strictly about the Rainbow and Indigo children.

I don't think she knows anything about Wicca.

If you're looking for a path to study, I'd suggest Taoism or Hinduism.

Both, are absolutely fascinating...

Peace!

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
Drawing Down the Moon, as has been mentioned is a great place to start. Also, a practical knowledge of Shamanism is a good foundation. I recommend Graham Hancock's book, Supernatural. A great intro and from there you can branch out into the more in depth stuff (like Eliade) if it piques your interest.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I'm not sure, either, to be honest. I know absolutely nothing about Wicca, and I'm looking for a good place to change that. The problem I'm having is that we're in the age of the internet, where most of man's knowledge has been collected and indexed and available with a few taps of your fingers.
I honestly just dunno where the fuck to even begin ::confused::
What I posted is pretty much what I'm aware of on the matter...I dunno, I've managed to make it 25 years before ever coming into contact with Wicca. It has my curiosity :D

Read the Green Witchcraft series by Ann Moura to learn more about Wicca. It's very informative and unlike other books it doesn't pay into Hollywood-esque sensationalism. Also Scott Cunningham has a collection of encyclopedias covering stones, herbs, and terms. He is another one that is information based rather than gimmick based.

Avoid authors like Silver Ravenwolf or any book that has "spells" in it and tries to sell you on generic spells. Typically these authors just play into teenage curiosity and a fantastical idea of what Wicca is.

K

Kim Chee

While I was living ouside spent much time in the "general knowwledge" section of the library. I'm not sure why these things are considered general knowledge by the library though.

More information can be found here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age

Yes, they have fallen into the new age category despite the possibility that they may be older than new.

Library non-fiction is divided into sections (the things you are inquiring about start at 100):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dewey_Decimal_classes

T

Toasty Tramp

What got you interested in this subject?

I've been searching for answers to questions I don't even know for some time, and the quest has simply taken an interesting turn in this direction. I've learned to not question a certain kinda intuitive feeling that I get from time to time, and this is one of those times. I'm a curious soul, and I just came into tons of free time that I gotta put to use :)

I was told, long ago, that I am definitely an Indigo child.

I have a friend who is VERY knowledgeable on this very subject.

Private message me and I'll see what I can do for you.

You got it :D Fuckin' awesome. I've heard the same, a couple of times. I don't have the first idea what it really means to be an Indigo/Rainbow/Crystal Child, I've only brushed across the topic in passing. Got the day off, so I'll probably bounce in and out of workin' underneath StP's hood and reading about it :D

Avoid authors like Silver Ravenwolf or any book that has "spells" in it and tries to sell you on generic spells. Typically these authors just play into teenage curiosity and a fantastical idea of what Wicca is.

Thanks for the heads up -- I'd have never known to make the distinction! You probably just saved me a couple of months of hangin' out in the 100's section <3 I'd have just devoured everything they have hahaha.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
The issue with Silver is that she plays into a fantasy that all Wiccans sit around casting spells to make people love them or spells to meet a celebrity. I'm not even joking, she has a "meet a celebrity" spell. There is most definitely a distinction between the Hollywood witch and someone who actually studies the craft.

Most practicing Wiccans will tell you that we don't sit around summoning demons or casting love spells or any nonsense like that. It's about connecting to world around you on a spiritual level that is different for each person. Anyone who tries to sell you their beliefs as truths shouldn't be taken seriously. We draw knowledge from various sources and blend them in ways that make sense to us. Taking up the craft is a personal journey, one that is unique to the individual. Send me a PM if you ever want to talk Magic from a philosophy stand point. :D

D

Deleted member 125

im not trying to be rude or judgemental but are you serious? you think yer part et part human? this kind of cult hive mind stuff really irks me, especially when brought up in a community like this. isnt this what most people think we (and i use that term super fucking broadly) think we are? a buncha weirdos with tin foil hats. unfortunetly for myself maybe i just want believe in stuff like that or put my trust into it because its just not tangible to me. again i sincerly dont mean to sound rude or jaded i just think the whole thing is a bullshit copout to dealing with reality.

T

Toasty Tramp

I'm sorry that another person's quest for a way to make sense of the world causes you so much distress =/
And I'm not full of bullshit. Its ignorance on the topic that I'm full of, alongside an insatiable desire to cure myself of it. Who knows? I'm probably completely fucking up what the stuff is actually about. I know absolute shit about all of this, so the chances are pretty fucking high...But what I DO know is there's certainly something amiss in the world, and I'd like to figure out what that is. I wish I could tell ya what it was, and what we could do about it, but I'm just as clueless as the next fuckin guy. I'm desperate for answers, and I won't shy away from places that provide even the smallest opportunity to uncover answers to some of the questions that have been burdening my mind.
Even if I do find myself contemplating whether or not there are people alive today imbued with the spirits of extraterrestrial spirits who were sent by God to guide Earth into some crazy ass shit that I can't even explain.

• Sad

shabti

Reaction score
im not trying to be rude or judgemental but

and then you happen to come off as both rude and judgemental. How about that?

It's amateur anthropology, (and as a Pagan for many years, I think it's rather stupid that the concept of seeing the world as a divine organism worthy of respect is a concept worthy of tin-foily-hattage.)

and to answer your question Milktoast,
I don't know about the rainbow children thing. I know enough about Wicca to say that it is one (and a very loud and prevalent) denomination of paganism. There are other types of "neo" paganism, like Asatru, Satanism, etc, that borrow from the ceremonial magician lodge type stuff that evolved out of the late 1800's enlightenment period. Now there's chaos magick, sumerian practicioners, brujeria, you name it, there's a "Religion" for it.

Within Wicca, there are different flavors, called "Traditions". A. Whole. Freaking. Bunch. Again, to compare it to Christianity, if Wicca is to Paganism as Baptist is to Christian, then Faerie Wicca (or Alexandrian, or NROOGD, etc) is to Wicca as Southern Baptists are to Baptists.

Wicca is one of many hundreds of different Earth centred spiritual paths under the "Neo-Pagan" umbrella that are a loose collection of indigenous belief system recreations, ceremonial magick (think Aleister Crowley), Earth or Gaia consciousness.....hmm. And perhaps ritual practice.

Personally, in all those books people reccomended earlier, I find that the authors give a very specific formula for how to do ritual, how to think about divinity, and how to form community. That's why I don't call myself wiccan. I like doing Yoga, not casting circles. I like _______ not ________. That's not only okay in the pagan community, that's the gift of Wicca to the world at large, in that modern day Pagans are free to borrow and choose what best works for them. It's like the Open Source/Linux of Religions.

a tad of history:

When Gerald Gardner came out publicly after the repeal of the last witchcraft laws in England, people were intrigued, but restricted from joining groups for fear of infiltration coupled with snobbery.

When Raymond Buckland published the Big Book to the public, there was finally information available about how these concepts and practices were used by the witches.

and then, when Scott Cunningham published Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, people were given licence and instruction as to how they could implement these spiritual concepts into their own lives without joining a formal coven structure.

So....yeah. If you look it up, there are probably pagan groups in your area that are open to the public. We love holding pagan pride days, public festivals and spectacles. I urge you to reach out to the community and not just read about us in a book somewhere. ;)

oh, and many of those books are at the public library.

Last edited:

iflewoverthecuckoosnest

Reaction score
Drawing Down the Moon, as has been mentioned is a great place to start. Also, a practical knowledge of Shamanism is a good foundation. I recommend Graham Hancock's book, Supernatural. A great intro and from there you can branch out into the more in depth stuff (like Eliade) if it piques your interest.

Another good book on Shamanism is The Shaman's Secret; The Lost Resurrection Teachings of the Ancient Maya. Obviously, you're not an ancient mayan, so it's not exactly like this could be an instructional book, so to speak. But it discusses the ancient Mayan views on many of the ideas you've been talking about (death and rebirth, interconnection of all things). I happened upon it about a year ago in a used book store. Really cool shit.
Ditto what @Andrea Van Scoyoc said. Eastern philosophy is totally engrossing and life changing. I bet you'd love it. There's loads of books about it damn near everywhere that you could get started with.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Reaction score
and then you happen to come off as both rude and judgemental. How about that?

It's amateur anthropology, (and as a Pagan for many years, I think it's rather stupid that the concept of seeing the world as a divine organism worthy of respect is a concept worthy of tin-foily-hattage.)

and to answer your question Milktoast,
I don't know about the rainbow children thing. I know enough about Wicca to say that it is one (and a very loud and prevalent) denomination of paganism. There are other types of "neo" paganism, like Asatru, Satanism, etc, that borrow from the ceremonial magician lodge type stuff that evolved out of the late 1800's enlightenment period. Now there's chaos magick, sumerian practicioners, brujeria, you name it, there's a "Religion" for it.

Within Wicca, there are different flavors, called "Traditions". A. Whole. Freaking. Bunch. Again, to compare it to Christianity, if Wicca is to Paganism as Baptist is to Christian, then Faerie Wicca (or Alexandrian, or NROOGD, etc) is to Wicca as Southern Baptists are to Baptists.

Wicca is one of many hundreds of different Earth centred spiritual paths under the "Neo-Pagan" umbrella that are a loose collection of indigenous belief system recreations, ceremonial magick (think Aleister Crowley), Earth or Gaia consciousness.....hmm. And perhaps ritual practice.

Personally, in all those books people reccomended earlier, I find that the authors give a very specific formula for how to do ritual, how to think about divinity, and how to form community. That's why I don't call myself wiccan. I like doing Yoga, not casting circles. I like _______ not ________. That's not only okay in the pagan community, that's the gift of Wicca to the world at large, in that modern day Pagans are free to borrow and choose what best works for them. It's like the Open Source/Linux of Religions.

a tad of history:

When Gerald Gardner came out publicly after the repeal of the last witchcraft laws in England, people were intrigued, but restricted from joining groups for fear of infiltration coupled with snobbery.

When Raymond Buckland published the Big Book to the public, there was finally information available about how these concepts and practices were used by the witches.

and then, when Scott Cunningham published Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, people were given licence and instruction as to how they could implement these spiritual concepts into their own lives without joining a formal coven structure.

So....yeah. If you look it up, there are probably pagan groups in your area that are open to the public. We love holding pagan pride days, public festivals and spectacles. I urge you to reach out to the community and not just read about us in a book somewhere. ;)

oh, and many of those books are at the public library.
Awesome post!

Just one clarification, though...Satanism (LaVey Satanism which is the only real Satanism...other branches/sects, etc having been started by disgruntled former members of the CoS) is in NO WAY, Pagan and to classify it as any form of Paganism, is a serious disservice.

Satanists are atheists, plain and simple. There is no heaven, no hell, no God, no devil and there are no demons, as in the Christian version of history.

The demons, Christians try to scare everyone with, are simply the embodiment of man's repressed animal tendencies...lust, etc.

An actual physical demon, Devils, whatever, don't, never have and never will, exist, except in Christian mythology.

They are the ones who 'need a boogeyman under the bed to keep them in line.' I don't mean that disrespectfully in any way against Christians...none of what I say is meant to be hateful, rude or disrespectful.

I'm simply stating what I've been told first hand (their words) by someone in the know.

Satanists don't. There are laws, The Laws of 9 and the Earth Laws of 11 that teach responsibility and accountability... not, scare tactics.

I am NOT speaking for the CoS, as I am not and never will be a member, but a dear friend of mine is a titled member in high standing and I have educated myself extensively, not only thanks to her, reading The Satanic Bible, but also from the official CoS website, which is packed with information.

Having a Master's Degree in religious studies, Satanism is one of the religions I have an acute interest in.

Again, good post.

Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: shabti

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads