in Detroit looking to start the Detroit puck movement back | Squat the Planet

in Detroit looking to start the Detroit puck movement back

Reaction score
When I was a teenager we would sleep on the building tops of hamtramck and do yoga on the rooftop of the old train station. We would camp for days in the forests of bell isle. Now that midtown detroit is getting gentrified a lot of that culture has gone southwest, just passed mexican village.

The best kept secret and perhaps the best lifestyle for a vagaond/squatter/wanderlust is Springwells Village, one of the neighborhoods in southwest detroit.

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
The best kept secret and perhaps the best lifestyle for a vagaond/squatter/wanderlust is Springwells Village, one of the neighborhoods in southwest detroit.

i can't say exactly when (probably spring/summer next year) but i'm interested in checking out detroit for squatting, so i'm curious to know what's so great about springwells?

Reaction score
Hi Matt, Springwells is a vibrant latin neighborhood, but its right by Delray.. essentially to answer your question the southwest part of detroit is on the river with tons of flat industrial spaces that are vacant, its an eclectic and transient culture. Cheap cost of living and lots of fresh mexican grocery marts

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi Matt, Springwells is a vibrant latin neighborhood, but its right by Delray.. essentially to answer your question the southwest part of detroit is on the river with tons of flat industrial spaces that are vacant, its an eclectic and transient culture. Cheap cost of living and lots of fresh mexican grocery marts

thanks for the info man, i'll definitely check it out when i get there!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads