I'm new

ksleet

Reaction score
My name is Kelsi. I'm from Delaware originally and I find some people are unaware that it's a state--or the zenith of suburban america. The last place I lived for any length of time was Philly, it is one of the least over stimulating cities on east cost, but nontheless it's really just like any other city when you get down to it.
Although I'm from the east coast, I miss the west, am looking forward to riding back out there again, but I can't wait to dodge thmost of winter and head for Florida.
Fall is my favorite season and peas are my favorite vegetable.

M

Monkeywrench

Welcome to StP. Philly can actually be pretty awesome. I've never had a bad time there, but I tend to limit my visits to 2-3 days at most. I'm also guessing you're new to the this, because Florida sucks. Hah. Read all you can here.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
been reading on this site now off and on for about a month or two. just got settled back in macon, ga. with a job and apt. but all i can think about is traveling again. i'm mainly a hiker (backpacker.. whatever) and an outdoorsman type (eagle scout when i was 14, so it kind of comes with the territory). a friend of mine and current traveler told me about this site. i like it a lot. there's lots of great info about everything i can imagine! i am a minimalist at heart and wanderer by nature. it's really good to see a community like this where people can share things along this lifestyle. i'm glad i found you, StP! see you auntie.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!""

- Jack Keroac

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
by the way, what's up with the "lurker" thing? can you not choose what kind of person you are, or is it just from time spent on this site? just wondering. i've traveled, but i'm not a "experienced traveler" or whatever. why am i a "lurker"?

ksleet

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I think Philly can definately be fun in small doses, I enjoyed it when I first moved, but after 2 years any place can become exhausted--I guess I'm biased. I am, I've been traveling for a little over 6 months, maybe 7 or so, it's hard to say, but I will take the advice and read read read, I've heard this before about florida, I've only been there once.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads