Im new, and i need help. im trying to sell all my things because i have no where else to go | Squat the Planet

Im new, and i need help. im trying to sell all my things because i have no where else to go

Chalkk

Reaction score
I'm getting kicked out of my place of residence I've been jobless and job searching for more than 5 months, finally got a job and now I have 3 to 4 weeks to scrounge up enough money to grab a bus ticket and go anywhere but here in michigan, I'm trying to sell most of my possessions so I can make a little extra cash to survive with because it's not my first rodeo being homeless, I just need the necessities such as a back pack big enough to carry some art equipment and a switch console along with having a pet snake who's 3 years old I live in grand rapids michigan. I just need a helping hand like a place to stay once and a while so I can eventually get back in touch with my good friend who left before me. Please and thank you, anything helps

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Check out the 'Equipment and gear' section in here...as well as many other threads relating to your situation.

It sounds like you are getting thrown into homelessness pretty quick, and it can be a very hard thing to adapt. My best advice would be to get enough warm clothing, shelter (tent/tarp), and a pack to survive up there during the winter.

You could also consider, like, just leaving such a cold ass place and going somewhere better. If you can get to a major interstate, just hitch south. I promise it will be much more interesting than a Greyhound.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard!!!

I'm about to just give everything up and hit the road myself but stuck with issues, I hate it! Just Me!

The other posters especially Coywolf have good advice! Good Luck!!! CHJ

D

Deleted member 125

Main thing get a tarp

If it wasnt below freezing where op is right now this might be solid advice.

@Chalkk you just got a job and are going to sell yer stuff for a bus ticket but need a place to stay while you hope to get in touch with someone who left you before? I'm a little confused, are you looking for a place to crash in grand rapids or looking to meet people elsewhere who can put you up after yer bus trip to a unspecified place?

Theres quite a few homeless resources in grand rapids that could very well help you out with a basic day pack or sleeping bag. Some might even let a dude with a snake hang out for a bit to get warm. It's pretty god damn cold where you are right now, and dont get me wrong, homeless shelters arnt exactly anyone's idea of a swell time but if yer planning on sleeping outside where you are and have no gear yer gonna end up frostbitten or dead pretty quick.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads