Im new, and i need help. im trying to sell all my things because i have no where else to go (1 Viewer)

Chalkk

Lurker
Hometown
Grand Rapids
I'm getting kicked out of my place of residence I've been jobless and job searching for more than 5 months, finally got a job and now I have 3 to 4 weeks to scrounge up enough money to grab a bus ticket and go anywhere but here in michigan, I'm trying to sell most of my possessions so I can make a little extra cash to survive with because it's not my first rodeo being homeless, I just need the necessities such as a back pack big enough to carry some art equipment and a switch console along with having a pet snake who's 3 years old I live in grand rapids michigan. I just need a helping hand like a place to stay once and a while so I can eventually get back in touch with my good friend who left before me. Please and thank you, anything helps

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Check out the 'Equipment and gear' section in here...as well as many other threads relating to your situation.

It sounds like you are getting thrown into homelessness pretty quick, and it can be a very hard thing to adapt. My best advice would be to get enough warm clothing, shelter (tent/tarp), and a pack to survive up there during the winter.

You could also consider, like, just leaving such a cold ass place and going somewhere better. If you can get to a major interstate, just hitch south. I promise it will be much more interesting than a Greyhound.

Thewalkindude

Hometown
Minne
Road snake... That's a first, doesn't sound viable but hey prove me wrong. I'd suggest posting up on here in the equipment section, Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Get an Amazon prime free trial to order cheap gear n the essentials while you got a house, then cancel it before they bill you.

SlankyLanky

stp user voted "the friendliest mod"
Staff member
Hometown
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Main thing get a tarp
If it wasnt below freezing where op is right now this might be solid advice.

@Chalkk you just got a job and are going to sell yer stuff for a bus ticket but need a place to stay while you hope to get in touch with someone who left you before? I'm a little confused, are you looking for a place to crash in grand rapids or looking to meet people elsewhere who can put you up after yer bus trip to a unspecified place?

Theres quite a few homeless resources in grand rapids that could very well help you out with a basic day pack or sleeping bag. Some might even let a dude with a snake hang out for a bit to get warm. It's pretty god damn cold where you are right now, and dont get me wrong, homeless shelters arnt exactly anyone's idea of a swell time but if yer planning on sleeping outside where you are and have no gear yer gonna end up frostbitten or dead pretty quick.

WanderLost

Hometown
South
I'd get that snake a place to live, cuz idk how it wouldnt be fucked if you didn't. Dont they need heat lamps and shit??

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
Top Poster of the Month
Hometown
> 6' away
I'm getting kicked out of my place of residence I've been jobless and job searching for more than 5 months, finally got a job and now I have 3 to 4 weeks to scrounge up enough money to grab a bus ticket and go anywhere but here in michigan, I'm trying to sell most of my possessions so I can make a little extra cash to survive with because it's not my first rodeo being homeless, I just need the necessities such as a back pack big enough to carry some art equipment and a switch console along with having a pet snake who's 3 years old I live in grand rapids michigan. I just need a helping hand like a place to stay once and a while so I can eventually get back in touch with my good friend who left before me. Please and thank you, anything helps
what kinda snake?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Day 20: My bolilo roll is finna make me act up.

I'm willing to try it again this Friday morning... It's not an auto rack, it's something better! I still need to see what I am up against...
> 6' away from Juan During
Juan Derlust wrote on MFB's profile.
Truism #348:
If it wasn't for these loose ends I'd have it all wrapped up...
MFB
Elevation! Getting HIGH! (I am thinking my gopro died, for some reason I didnt get a 360 from the summit)
I think your buddy Bukowski put it best Sundays kill more men than bombs
BBQ with STP homies in portland, feeling peaceful
I only feel good when I'm outside, but I gotta stay inside to get school work done.
It's a full-time job to be a good dad
You got so much more stuff than I had
I gotta study just to keep with the changin times
101 Dalmations on your CD-ROM
See me-I'm
Tryin to pretend I know
On my PC where that CD go