Im def not a punk(x) o what ever... hope I do not die.

Abbie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Cheese is my favorite food. And yeaaa you totally missed my sarcasm ha. Thats cool that you found some people to hop out with. Hitching is legit though. Everyone always insists on dishing out false assumptions of what its like. You might get some people rambling about the bible but the chances of them being a killer are slim. Where are you traveling from?

Rambler

Reaction score
Sorry about your sarcasm, still waking up lolol. Ill keep that in mind if push comes to shove and I need to hitch. Im fixing to catch out of Evansville Indiana-Nashville TN, apparently everyone is telling me to be careful as fuck leaving that yard. The bulls are mean and its to easy to get caught. I think i found a nice spot though. Might go watch the trains today actually and get a feel for the yard.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
hrmm safer hoping the rails... havent heard that one before. personally ill stick to hitchin. i agree with abbie, its a lot better than what people make it out to be.

dont forget to have fun!

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I find it interesting that no one whats to walk out their door, stick out there thumb and see what happens anymore. I was traveling 5 years before I rode my first train. This kid wants to walk out his mom's front door and immediately be an experienced train rider with the punk rock girlfriend to boot.

Grab a pack, sleeping bag and tarp and go kid.

Nelco

Reaction score
I'm personaly going to boot party your face rambler.

Rambler

Reaction score
But honestly I was chilling at the tracks and a train stopped right next to me. I hopped on, rode it for like 30 seconds and dismounted fine. Not difficult at all.

Nelco

Reaction score
*deleted pointless arguement*

Ithyphallic

Reaction score
Don't think too much about everything. Just do.

I know it sounds like random cliche'd mysticism, but seriously man, the only way to get into and learn about a new experience is to go out and EXPERIENCE IT! You're putting too much thought into it. Do your research, and I'd seriously say try hitch hiking short distances first so you can get the feel of the travelling lifestyle (much different than the trainbum dream I bet you're thinking of) and go from there.

It's a huge difference between riding a train for 30 seconds in the yard and riding a train 8+ hours in the rain, up steep mountainous ranges, in long suffocating tunnels and on loud, bumping metal barges. Be prepared for the good and bad times, it's not always easy.

Just get out and give it a try man, honestly I hopped out my first time just me and my dog and was able to do just fine, I didn't get thrown off or have any trouble until I rode with others. Just giv'er with good intentions man, use yer noggin and enjoy yourself!

And you don't need to be a punk to travel man! You'll meet all kinds on the road, so I recommend just abandoning those preconcieved notions of social cliques because everyone is an individual, and to typecaste into such silly, broad labels based on first impressions simply isn't fair to the person. Most of those people you'd call a "punk" or "hippy" or "whino" or whatever, would probably disagree anyways, you can't sum a person up with one word.

Nagrom

Reaction score
But honestly I was chilling at the tracks and a train stopped right next to me. I hopped on, rode it for like 30 seconds and dismounted fine. Not difficult at all.
30 sec are you kidding me! your saying cuz you hoped on a slow moving train for 30 sec its easy! wtf!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads