-well-versed in punk
or -a musician

i am:
+trying to live a life wholly in line with my ideals
+traveling broke
+always eager to meet folks from similar and different backgrounds
+restless and independent
+attempting to translate my experiences into something beautiful

my name's lo. i was raised in the midwest, where money cures what ails you (welcome to america). from birth i've been pounded with conservative ideals, but have found myself leaning towards the moderate/liberal side of things ever since i could formulate an opinion.
i've learned that you can live quite happily without much funding, and certainly without a 9-5.
i've found that if i settle down for too long, i start to sabotage the things that give me a sense of stability (relationships, housing arrangements, odd jobs).
i'm an only child; i feel like this sums me up pretty well. i do pretty good on my own.
i think too much, and like to write. i think it's one of the only times i'm honest.
i like taking pictures of things exactly as they are-- in varying states of decay, especially.

i'm easy to please. i won't learn a lesson until i fuck up. i will always say too much.

seasonchange

Reaction score
currently headed west. visiting friends in california, then headed to nawlins for halloween. back to austin after that to make some money. i'm going to try and get into a drug study, then travel a bit more in the warmer climes.

hshh: how far west you headed? and which way south?

shwilly: i think you mean 'good luck sister.' ;)

eden: maybe. *shrug*

adan: do it! i grew up in michigan. i can bike to lake michigan from my hometown in under two hours and camp out on the beach! it's lovely. free state parks and lots of abandoned buildings / woodsy dwellings waiting for you.

notconner & mouse: hahaha.

catpee: thanks! makes two of us.

kind welcome's appreciated. excited to explore these boards a bit more. hope to make your acquaintances (that sounds funny) irl one day!

Amish

Reaction score
welcome to stp good to see some more mid westerners

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
So why do so many people seem to hate the crusty punks haha

I could answer this but it would take all day. I will say this however, not all people that listen to crust punk or are *crust punks* are bad. If we're gonna throw out labels, I would say my partner is a combination of *Crust punk/hobo/hippy/hopper/anarchist/activist....* and I could keep going on. And he's freaking awesome. Just sayin....

I think if you're going to judge someone, judge them on who they are as a person, not what *label* they fall under. So what if joe blow like crust punk? And so what if he doesn't?

Anyhow, and moving right along...Lo, Welcome to STP! I loved your introduction. Especially *I won't learn a lesson until I fuck up*. Oh how I can relate to that....lol.

hshh

Reaction score
im headed anywhere im not sure yet. im in chatanooga right now and am stopping through birmingham in a couple days and then head westward for now. i was thinking of going to nola for halloween. we'll see. let me know if youl be in texas or anywehre in the southwest in the next couple weeks

moe

Reaction score
i think way too much as well. and so i write as well. i figured traveling out side the midwest (from chicago) would be all that swell. im headed as far as san fran or l.a. in a few days. no clue on how long it'd be till i reach san fran, but we'll just have to see.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads