If you had $1000 to spend on Gear... | Squat the Planet

If you had $1000 to spend on Gear...

A

AlwaysLost

What would you buy? Or what adventure would you go on? Please don't say rent or drugs those are boring. I meant for this to be a fun post. If money were no object.

So far I have

Leatherman Wave
Carvin Jack
Go Pro
MSS SLEEP System
Team Gemini Light Brigade
Gransfors Bruks Norse Axe
Gold Nugget Metal Detector

And I would sail up and down the pacific metal detecting the beaches.

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
Honestly I'd just get the best camera I could get my hands on just so I could make my blog look pretty.

If I were to be really fiscally irresponsible about gear, I'd like the LL Bean waxed canvas Continental Rucksack and some Bean Boots.

Reactions: Mankini

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
hmmm... if i had an extra 1,000 for gear for backpacking in the bush i'd probably get:

*A good satellite phone
*Maybe one of those Biolite Woodburning backpacking Campstoves
*A decent firearm for protection in the wilderness

i already have all the gear i want for traveling the roadways near towns/cities so i wouldn't spend any more on gear there.
------------------------------
if i was gonna drop a grand for the homesite here, i'd buy:

*A liquor still kit online, or the materials to build one
* And materials for building treehouses/bridges/zip lines around the property

Reactions: Mankini
A

AlwaysLost

hmmm... if i had an extra 1,000 for gear for backpacking in the bush i'd probably get:

*A good satellite phone
*Maybe one of those Biolite Woodburning backpacking Campstoves
*A decent firearm for protection in the wilderness

i already have all the gear i want for traveling the roadways near towns/cities so i wouldn't spend any more on gear there.
------------------------------
if i was gonna drop a grand for the homesite here, i'd buy:

*A liquor still kit online, or the materials to build one
* And materials for building treehouses/bridges/zip lines around the property

Ive always wanted to make moonshine but I'm allergic to alcohol so I couldn't taste it.

You can make small batches by retrofit a pressure cooker.

Supposed Mocha

Chainsmoking Pink Bloc
Reaction score
Can I say a grand's worth of beer? Naw.

Honestly with that cash I think I'd just go get an old motorhome and whatever other tools I don't got lying around still, not that I'm terribly lacking there. Run the old thing till it can't go anymore and leave it to chill on some land lot somewhere. I'm just not terribly picky about gear when it comes to roughing it on foot. Oh yeah still gonna need more beer though.

Reactions: outskirts
A

AlwaysLost

how hard could it be to learn to fly with the aid of simulators and other stuff......

Ive heard that Flying is easier than driving a car...landing is something entirely different.

But you are smart enuff to do it. I don't think its that hard with a single prop aircraft. Most of us just don't have the guts to try.

A

AlwaysLost

I'm thinking of painting it just flat gray for now. Might do something more exciting later.

Yeah flames might not be very discreet especially if you are trying to stealth camp. Grey man is probably the smart choice.

With flames Everyone would either be like that's awesome and be jealous of your life with girls ligned up at the door or the van would get impounded lol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads