If you had $1000 to spend on Gear...

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah flames might not be very discreet especially if you are trying to stealth camp. Grey man is probably the smart choice.

With flames Everyone would either be like that's awesome and be jealous of your life with girls ligned up at the door or the van would get impounded lol.

Thats fine if he's wearing leather pants and a Motley Crue Tshirt, sitting inside his sweet custom painted van, doing blow and sipping Gentleman Jack. But what if Viking is the more studious, down to earth rubbertramp who is calmly perusing Voltaire's Candide, in slippers and a scarlet houserobe, when all of a sudden groupies show up and start raisin a fuss outside when he mumbles at them to "return at a decent hour"??!!

• Haha
Reactions: VikingAdventurer
A

AlwaysLost

Thats fine if he's wearing leather pants and a Motley Crue Tshirt, sitting inside his sweet custom painted van, doing blow and sipping Gentleman Jack. But what if Viking is the more studious, down to earth rubbertramp who is calmly perusing Voltaire's Candide, in slippers and a scarlet houserobe, when all of a sudden groupies show up and start raisin a fuss outside when he mumbles at them to "return at a decent hour"??!!

I think even the most down to earth rubbertramps would put down Candide (as much as I love it) for pussy.

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
settin in my customized 1993 aerostar with pearlized candy pink flames on the side in my sweet pleather jumpsuit and 1983 concert Motley Crue trucker cap, reading G&P. Girls knockin on one hand n piggiez buggin on t'other :D

• Haha
K

Kim Chee

there was a 14 yr old kid doing it a few yearz ago called " tha barefoot bandit" :)

I actually did this in high school 5 times with th same plane...always brought it back, never got caught.

I wonder what they thought when they discovered the hours were off.

On topic: There's a few simple camping items I'd get, but I'd like to be able to earn the $1,000 back again...so maybe a pan for prospecting/goldpanning and work my way up from there.

• Sad

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
I actually did this in high school 5 times with th same plane...always brought it back, never got caught.

I wonder what they thought when they discovered the hours were off.

On topic: There's a few simple camping items I'd get, but I'd like to be able to earn the $1,000 back again...so maybe a pan for prospecting/goldpanning and work my way up from there.

See?!! Thats what I thought!! It cant be rocket science. Back a hundred years ago aircraft were just dangerous toys...they must be somewhat more user friendly/idiot proof by now...???...

...Although I imagine chopperz are a little bit more complicated....???...

There may come a time in the near future when it will behoove those of us in tha know to be able to make a quick getaway. And in that sort of scenario, knowing aircraft is a definite plus.

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Since Im headed to Canada right now, I'd buy a pair of pants, some good thermals, and I'd fix my pack (frame broken) and my overalls (zipper broken). Other than that, idk... I dont like buying stuff, cuz then I have to carr it, y'know... :p

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Since Im headed to Canada right now, I'd buy a pair of pants, some good thermals, and I'd fix my pack (frame broken) and my overalls (zipper broken). Other than that, idk... I dont like buying stuff, cuz then I have to carr it, y'know... :p

Yeah, owning shit is a pain in the ass. The more you like it and/or get attached to it, the more irritated you'll be when it gets lost/stolen/damaged.

Better to invest in training.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'd buy a nice set of outerwear, and a mid grade Taylor Guitar. then I would bus for the rest of eternity!

D

Deleted member 2626

kifaru hot tent and woodstove or outfitter tent and or a decent over under shotgun rifle combo new rei pack for my pooch and some bad ass booties. a thousand is about the most I accumalte and I`ve barely had that a few times the last few years

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
I'd probably use it on some upgrades to my gear and on plane tickets to other beautiful places around the world. I would fly to Iceland and tramp through there and head to Scotland. It's beautiful. Maybe head to South America with what I had left over. I guess that 1000 would run out pretty quick haha.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads