if caught trespassing ...

mateoboliviano

Reaction score
Depends on the cops, right? I've been with people who had weed confiscated but were allowed to keep other items like the cash. Also been threatened with arrest but only given summons, so obviously if you're arrested what happens to you're pack/gear is up in the air. In this case being respectful and cooperative, as well as acting innocent and non-threatening, might go a long way in keeping you're stuff.

did ya get away unscathed?

Reactions: Kal
S

spectacular

got mine back after a few nights in jail but they took my friends' with out arresting him and he never got it back. he was drunk at the time tho

mateoboliviano

Reaction score
yeah the whole being nice and respectful, acting innocent and non-threatening, and being cooperative is directly related to the "intent" judgement they'll surely be casting upon you. Usually you're looking at being arrested, or getting a summons, and potentially losing your stuff if it looks like you were "intent" upon trespassing. So if the area is fenced off, equipped with cameras and "NO TRESPASSING" signs everywhere, it certainly looks like you "intended" to trespass. So if caught, games up, you don't really have a case for your innocence... I'd absolutely be more honest, non-threatening, cooperative and respectful if I wanted to keep my stuff.

If you're in an area where say its not fenced off, its not clearly marked with signage, and there's low security then you're less likely to get a summons or arrested and you can still be nice, but you can also put on the dumb and innocent act like you had no "intent", you didn't even know you were trespassing, there were no signs, and you accidentally wandered over the imaginary line, etc.

just a look at how generally where you're at, how you present yourself, and your perceived "intent" from the police perspective could affect what happens to you and you're stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

PAN AM HOBO

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
@mateoboliviano @spectacular @rooster831 thank you for all your input especially mateoboliviano
looks like I will have to make two packs one with gear I don't mind losing and the other with the expensive gear was hoping to only have one daypack but having two looks like the better option

Renegade

Reaction score
I have had a 160 dollar knfie stolen by cops.. it was legal to have .. they never told me they took it either.: assholes..and a few other things. But usually they give me most of my gear back.

MikeGonett7739

Reaction score
my two bits:
I was squatting in one of the nicer areas of NOLA, off of esplanade, with six other kids. this house only lasted us three days, because on the third day in the wee hours of the morning while five of us slept, two others decided to break into the house next door and steal some random BS. this got the cops called, and seeing as the house was thrashed as well, things weren't looking to good. We all got slapped with multiple felonies, and for those of us that were innocent, our only proof of that was the fact that the stolen materials were in one room with the two kids personal possessions, and the rest of each of our gear was in different rooms of the house. the cops decided to load up our gear, indiscriminately i may add (all of our shit mixed up and unpacked), in the back of a police car and drove off with it. when i got out of jail i was told that my gear "had already been checked out." never saw any of it again. lost a pack, a dog, a guitar and some other items of extremely high sentimental value to me due to the stupidity of some other kids. be careful who you associate with, if you value your freedom and your possessions.

Renegade

Reaction score
Wow that really sucks man.

MikeGonett7739

Reaction score
yah well shit happens. Still dealing with the aftermath of that, ran our on the probation a good while back and looking at a six year sentance down south if i get caught up and they decide to extradite me. really blows because New Orleans was my favorite damn place in the country

Renegade

Reaction score
I feel you Louisiana is bad ass in general my favorite state for sure . Gotta duck that heat for sure for as long as possible

K

kokomojoe

my two bits:
I was squatting in one of the nicer areas of NOLA, off of esplanade, with six other kids. this house only lasted us three days, because on the third day in the wee hours of the morning while five of us slept, two others decided to break into the house next door and steal some random BS. this got the cops called, and seeing as the house was thrashed as well, things weren't looking to good. We all got slapped with multiple felonies, and for those of us that were innocent, our only proof of that was the fact that the stolen materials were in one room with the two kids personal possessions, and the rest of each of our gear was in different rooms of the house. the cops decided to load up our gear, indiscriminately i may add (all of our shit mixed up and unpacked), in the back of a police car and drove off with it. when i got out of jail i was told that my gear "had already been checked out." never saw any of it again. lost a pack, a dog, a guitar and some other items of extremely high sentimental value to me due to the stupidity of some other kids. be careful who you associate with, if you value your freedom and your possessions.
I'd be so shitty to be facing that amount of time and just having a felony record for something as dumb as that. "be careful who you associate with, if you value your freedom and your possessions" sums up the majority of bad situations I've run into, especially on the road.

Renegade

Reaction score
I'd be so shitty to be facing that amount of time and just having a felony record for something as dumb as that. "be careful who you associate with, if you value your freedom and your possessions" sums up the majority of bad situations I've run into, especially on the road.

Its a pretty good example of how fucked our legal system is.. lots of our people are behind bars for no reason.

Last edited:

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
All depends on where you are, how much the cops hate or like you and who runs the booking system. Some will protect your shit with their life, some purposely throw it in the trash and sometimes it just gets lost not because they hate you, but because they're fucking incompetent.

Reactions: Rob Nothing

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads