I want to f*ing BAIL!

Z

zBzz

Introduction Round #2

I want to fucking leave, and I'd like to do it soon. My initial plans to hit the road were largely motivated by the desire to not become some addict fuck wasting away in the rat race (cliche, I know), and I was given a real nice sample of that life recently. It seems that I've inherited my family's predisposition to becoming total fucking tweakers.

The reality of it all took a bit of a toll on me, I'll admit. This is some heavy shit and it knocked me on my ass. Boo fucking hoo though, I was a dumb ass kid who assumed they were immune to the bad side of drug use. Not gonna cry about how dreadful life is while continuing on a path I was always fucking against lol.

I'm feelin real childishly excited about this whole travelling thing again. I've always been interested, but I really WANT to live it now. I finally have the confidence in who I am to know that this is the shit I wanna do, and I'm god damned ready.

I figure it's time to load up and go. I have a pack, sleeping bag, and tarp all set. I know, I know, it's fuckin winter and all that, but I'm in Cali currently and I'll stick south. I'm 18, finally out as transgender and living as who I want to be, what better a time to follow this dream?

Sooooooo ya, any tips/destination ideas/advice for someone looking to leave in say... a week would be appreciated! :) I just have to figure out staying stocked on my hormones and then I am ouuttttttt. I'm totally looking forward to meeting some of you friendly folks out there!

MarkB

Reaction score
I just do not know what to say. I'm old and lived the "normal" life. Wish there was some way to hear your story, listen to your upcoming experiences, but.... . I guess all I can tell you is, be safe, and I wish you the absolute best on your journey.

TrainingHoppers

Reaction score
Introduction Round #2

I want to fucking leave, and I'd like to do it soon. My initial plans to hit the road were largely motivated by the desire to not become some addict fuck wasting away in the rat race (cliche, I know), and I was given a real nice sample of that life recently. It seems that I've inherited my family's predisposition to becoming total fucking tweakers.

The reality of it all took a bit of a toll on me, I'll admit. This is some heavy shit and it knocked me on my ass. Boo fucking hoo though, I was a dumb ass kid who assumed they were immune to the bad side of drug use. Not gonna cry about how dreadful life is while continuing on a path I was always fucking against lol.

I'm feelin real childishly excited about this whole travelling thing again. I've always been interested, but I really WANT to live it now. I finally have the confidence in who I am to know that this is the shit I wanna do, and I'm god damned ready.

I figure it's time to load up and go. I have a pack, sleeping bag, and tarp all set. I know, I know, it's fuckin winter and all that, but I'm in Cali currently and I'll stick south. I'm 18, finally out as transgender and living as who I want to be, what better a time to follow this dream?

Sooooooo ya, any tips/destination ideas/advice for someone looking to leave in say... a week would be appreciated! :) I just have to figure out staying stocked on my hormones and then I am ouuttttttt. I'm totally looking forward to meeting some of you friendly folks out there!

Fuckin' awesome dude! I'm in a similar situation, just without the excessive drugs. I'm deciding to slug it out as best I can and finish my education (it'll make things easier in the long term) and then I'm getting the fuck out ASAP. It'll be a little while though. Now, onto your question:

I can't be the one to tell you where to go, you said it yourself, "I really WANT to live it now.". It's YOUR own adventure, you choose your adventure, not me. (I'd feel bad if you were disappointed in the places I chose :) )

Tips: Go to https://squattheplanet.com/shady-people/ The Dangerous People subforum. It might save you.

And Drink fuckloads of water if you're going Northwest. It's all badlands and unfriendly farmers up there, with the occasional Conoco.

EDIT: How are you traveling by chance?

Good Luck on your journey! Stay safe out there! Maybe we'll meet someday!

Z

zBzz

Yooo, so I left this morning and had a relatively successful first day I'd say. Got my ass down to LA and flew a sign until I had the $$ for a greyhound to San Bernardino, which I am now hogging the WiFi on. Was worried I'd be spending the night in Hollywood.

Flying a sign for the first time hauled me in $16, a banana, granola bar, and a bag of cookies. Hell ya! Tomorrow I'm bussing to Yucaipa and hitching from there, Slabs bound. Hoping to head towards NOLA after that. I feel fuckin pumped, this is all some kinda fun that I haven't felt doing anything else.

Anything I need to know about Slabs other than bring my own food/water and be a good egg? Also, I just have a small 30 f bag and a tarp along w/ some clothes, anything I should try and pick up?

If anyone is around these areas hmu, I got some bud to smoke and would love to hang or travel w/ someone.

D

Deleted member 2626

Well I expected to get on here and hear some typical kid shit about wanting to leave but not because no one was holding your hand. But I see your last post and I am happy for you. Well done and best of luck. You've got the metaphorical balls to leap. I as well used to believe drugs could change perspective blah blah fun moderation etc it's all bullshit escapism honestly most of it at least. Gotta escape I understand. I have decent family with your typical situations and biased but still have to escape them for prolonged periods. Good to you though again. Take care.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
Nice sounds like unlike most new travellers on here you actually have the initiative. The coffee club or whatever it's called is cool, the Range has music on Friday nights, there's a catfish farm you can fish in the irrigation canal just upstream from the access rd to the slabs, you can also hop the fence and swim in the LA Aqueduct if you want cleaner water (drinkable too). About 2 miles west is a giant citrus orchard with lemons and grapefruit that ripen soon. Calipatria has a decent dumpster at the supermarket (and that's where to get food, the Niland store is a ripoff). Stay away from Brawley and El Centro, they are pointless thug prison tweak towns in the desert. The hot springs in the slabs always feels nice even if it's a glorified mud hole full of dirty hippies. I haven't been to the Library since it's reincarnation, but from what I hear it is perhaps the best spot in the Slabs
Rock on, safe travels

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads