I need your help. | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

I need your help.

astridxx

Reaction score
So this essentially puts her in the more than likely homeless / transient category as opposed to a traveler, yeah? I'd say maybe she was trying to escape a pimp in Vegas but she was unkempt (some ppl like that tho I guess). Maybe it was a suicide? Maybe she caught the train running and then when hypothermia set in she started feeling hot and took off her coat?

Ppl over at websleuths have submitted Amanda king as a possible match. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23038/12 -- that is under review. I'm not 100% sold based on distance but you never know.

D

Deleted member 20

She could have been a traveler & somebody or something made her disregard the most basic of common sense train riding rules. Maybe she had her gear stashed & was just intending to traverse the yard. And couldnt safely get off. Some yards are miles long & split up in different sections making walking them at times difficult. Maybe she was more of a hitchhiker or homebum maybe just a hippie. She could have been robbed, chased, beatup(but no bruises).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

I feel bad because i was the first person to theorize & label her as a junkie & prostitute. The truth is, she was someones daughter, sister, friend. We make assumptions but dont really know. Id hate for her family to read this stuff but if our posts help put a name to the face then i guess its all worth it.

D

Deleted member 20

Schenectady, NY to Vegas isnt impossible in mid fall by hitching & hopping. She was found on a train but i gotta guess she had most likely traveled with someone else to get out there. I have never met a solo female train rider. Leaving NY before halloween to avoid the winter months in the desert makes sense.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Its good to remember that Highwayman... whatever happens a person is a human being that lived a life.

Who the hell am I to spit venom.

Not a damn anyone.

K

Kim Chee

Well the facts show that she didnt know enough about the rails because shes died from hypothermia

You're assuming she got on a tanker voluntarily?
If so, falls into the "I have no clue category" or the "I make bad bets and lose category"

I'm guessing she did not consciously or willfully approach a train or rail yard.

How did the toxicology results go?

astridxx

Reaction score
You're assuming she got on a tanker voluntarily?
If so, falls into the "I have no clue category" or the "I make bad bets and lose category"

I'm guessing she did not consciously or willfully approach a train or rail yard.

How did the toxicology results go?

Waiting to hear back about that and how dirty her feet were. Sgt said no foul play suspected. :/

slimJack

Reaction score
agreed 110%..did they speak of any drugs in the toxicology report?.. I haven't read every post yet.. I know its bad to make assumptions in these cases but a plausible scenerio could be that she was drugged and put up there by someone, which seems pretty difficult to do, or she was high as hell n just passed out up there.. are we sure it was a tanker she was atop of??

slimJack

Reaction score
Yea, I've never seen a girl out there solo.. there's at least a 4 legged companion tagged along. Good observation
Schenectady, NY to Vegas isnt impossible in mid fall by hitching & hopping. She was found on a train but i gotta guess she had most likely traveled with someone else to get out there. I have never met a solo female train rider. Leaving NY before halloween to avoid the winter months in the desert makes sense.

slimJack

Reaction score
Well the facts show that she didnt know enough about the rails because shes died from hypothermia.
As it is with lots of people. Having hitchhiked a bit & watching a few youtube vids, & reading a bit online doesnt make people train hoppers. Knowing or meeting train riders dosent qualify someone as an expert. It takes more then crusty clothes & a pack to be a train hopper & actually do it right. Some other inexperienced person could have contributed to this death by giving bad advice. There aint many scenarios i can think of where as i would ride atop a tanker, without outerwear, without sturdy boots, sleeping bag, hearing protection, gloves etc in any season. Even if it was 65 degrees during the day in vegas, i wouldnt be traveling in a tshirt & thin pants. I wouldnt have knowingly rode a tanker full of sulferic acid or even an empty 1 for that matter.
hey highway!..yo check this out man this girl was dressed in yoga pants riding thru the mountains..just was browsing thru videos on here and came across this one and it reminded me of this thread..kinda odd cuz I thought it was the "unknown girl".. http://squattheplanet.com/videos/she-loves-hoppin.971/media

astridxx

Reaction score
agreed 110%..did they speak of any drugs in the toxicology report?.. I haven't read every post yet.. I know its bad to make assumptions in these cases but a plausible scenerio could be that she was drugged and put up there by someone, which seems pretty difficult to do, or she was high as hell n just passed out up there.. are we sure it was a tanker she was atop of??

Also, no word on tox yet -- she was definitely on top of a tanker full of sulfuric acid. The sgt said there we no broken seals on the tanker or no leaks.

slimJack

Reaction score
Hey good find slim, I think she's just a little too busty/chunky (no offense to her) though. She would've had to drop 30+ lbs before mid-Jan.
yea i saw that actually..dono how i came up with the thought that she just lost all that weight from the time she was found up til the case pics of her. and also there was no tattoo

astridxx

Reaction score
according to beaver county's Facebook, "train jane" has been identified!!

If they post the name I'll post it here. Thank you all for all your help!! I hope I've turned at least one person on to being a bored ass armchair detective ;)

Last edited:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To start being an armchair detective... where do you source your cases from?

Reactions: sketchytravis

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads