I got a job!!!!!

menu

Reaction score
ha. face tats and all. just pretty pumped on it. been years.

Uncle Mom

Reaction score
Website
www.freedirtfilm.com
congrats!!!

Matt aka Sparks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just got a job too. I just quit too. I worked there about three weeks and when the second payday rolled around they told me I had to wait another two weeks for a check. Plus they didn't pay the employees with a check and pay stub like any other job, they paid in cash out the till. All kinds of shady shit going on at that Subway. I'm supposed to get a check in the mail next week, we'll see. I've already talked to subway corporate and ratted them out on a ton of shit that's against subway policy, reported them to the BBB, and filed a wage claim dispute. I'ma get this place shut down if I can. On that wage claim shit though there's not much that can be done. I have another suite with this festival I worked for, they've owed me about 2 grand for the last year and I haven't hear shit back from the labor people. I hate work. But congrats on the jobs fellas.

vagabond719r

Reaction score
What's a "job"? Oh you mean the thing that I have fought my life against. Ah, poverty, I'd never want anything more. If I need cash, I'll find a way, but a 9 to 5, nah I'll pass. What is a job for anyways but to keep a society in motion and to allow Amerikans to fuck each other for that big screen TV? But that's just me. Now I'll follow the crowd. Congrats!

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a "job"? Oh you mean the thing that I have fought my life against. Ah, poverty, I'd never want anything more. If I need cash, I'll find a way, but a 9 to 5, nah I'll pass. What is a job for anyways but to keep a society in motion and to allow Amerikans to fuck each other for that big screen TV? But that's just me. Now I'll follow the crowd. Congrats!

Wait, so you can like, get by, without a job, tell me more! You saw right through me too - I am fucking EVERYONE for big screen tvs.

vagabond719r

Reaction score
Aren't you already, or has Mom and Dad been supporting you?
I can list at least 5 ways to survive without a 9 to 5:
1) Learn a trade and never have to be a servant.
2) Panhandle and dumpster dive.
3) Squatting.
4) Learn horticulture and produce your own produce. Excuse me animal rights, but go on the hunt. But use everything as the Native Indians would. Along with that, quit eating pork, beef, and other mass slaughtered animals. And take only what you need. One deer will last a while, while a rabbit will last for one meal.
5) Become a mountain man or woman!
Now if you want all that society has to offer, like TVs Ipods, ride a Harley and be free, then by all means get a job. If you have a son, then by all means, get a job. But that nice place to live turns into needing a bigger place and more stuff, then you lose control. Plus when the lower classes and the underclasses tend to stay as a servant making slave wages, the only way to get up in the world is to conform to it's policies.
And don't believe those stupid assholes in Hollywood sporting mohawks and anti authoritarian beliefs. They only exist to give false hope that one day, just one day, maybe I might also be rich and wear my mohawk, and be respected. The rich and powerful hate us, whether we travel or not, for believing we can be autonomous. The people, for the, say, half of the population hate us because we don't conform but rather form our own.
Anyways, there is the list you so requested on how to survive without a job. Any more questions? I got a kick out of your pun. Very original, I might just change my name to that, however it is my minister name and it might just remain, as I will in this town till December 20th of 2012. Gathering supplies and out. You're welcome to come up in life if you choose, I don't own you.

Matt aka Sparks

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I love how everyone considers panhandling so righteous. Make no mistake, most of us are parasites. Feeding off the spillover and kindness/guilt of the rest of society. Dumpster diving, is nothing more than scavenging the scraps the wolves felt where no good to eat. Squatting is nothing more than B & E of an unoccupied building. Even if you learned a trade you're still someones slave. You still have to get supplies to do your work, still need a place to trade the crap you produce. Learning horticulture and hunting are decent ideas, untill fish and game come and fine/imprison you for illegal hunting, or maybe you thin the game out too much and fuck the environment there. Not to mention you still need supplies to farm, supplies you won't be able to produce yourself unless your an "everyman". And lastly being a mountain man... unless you own that scrap of land sooner or later someone will find you and fine/evict you.
Financially, culturally, and socially we're all trapped. There is very little one can do to live "free" or "off the grid". Maybe a 5-6 hundred years ago one could have pulled it off, but today, I find it very unlikely. Ideals are for suckers. Just try and be happy in life, eh? Be it a 9-5, a shit switching restaurant job, a whole foods dumpster, pocket full of change, or the bottom of a bottle. As long as your happy and living your life then your doing the best you can, anything outside of that is controlled from up on high by the powers that be. Has been and will always be. So seriously, fuck it all, do what makes you happy cause that's all your gonna get outta life.

vagabond719r

Reaction score
This site is called "SQUAT the Planet" right? You know, I may be new to this sight, but the one reason I came here was due to the fact that it based on squatting and freight hopping, not the fact that you got a job. Go to Facebook, I'm there, and I fucking hate it, but I don't use telephones, and I do keep up with my family. As far as we all being parasites, what are you 21, thinking that it is cool to be a pessimist? Shit, as far as tradesmen still being slaves, I don't have to serve people I don't want to. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. But, that's life experience and it seems that you're just now feeling what it's like to be outta Mom and Dad's house, and feeling how hard it is, you think, "Well, maybe I can't take this life but should just give in." I was getting spat on 15 years ago for being a gutter punk but, I never let it get me down. I make my world, I don't follow other's. Plus, my views tend to lean towards self sufficiency, not co dependency. We live in a country where you can be replaced, removed and refused no matter what the case may be. If you lose your job, what'll you do then since squatting, panhandling, being a tradesman or a mountain man seems to be something you felt bad for doing, and so decided to just settle down, get a job and live the "normal" life? What then, just be a pessimist and kill yourself. I have no shame, and, in turn, I tend to attract people. I don't beg, Oh please sir, but instead I give something in return, whether a smile, decent conversation, manual labor, whatever. But then again, I'm not the young traveler any more. Oh how I love getting older. Still the same heart, but a much wiser brain.

Wolf

Reaction score
Panhandling/busking is still a job of some sort, only your bosses are in the form of strangers passing by. You are still putting time and energy into monetary gain. The closest thing most of us can get, at the moment, to full fledged liberation, is in the heart. So I don't think it matters too much if you have a different boss everyday or the same one. Either way if you're working for monetary gain, when the money comes based on looks, class, performance, ect. ect. you're still being controlled by a money dependent world. The advantage is you wont get fired if you decided to take a few days off. So maybe it's not parallel, but I think it's similar enough to not have to attack him for having a normal job, as long as he says "I quit" when he wants to quit and not "I can't afford to lose this", then I think he'll be ok.

vagabond719r

Reaction score
In the downloads section, I have uploaded many books as to what I read.Please give them a shot at reading and maybe you'll understand as to why I think the way I do. That with a complete hatred for normalcy.

Wolf

Reaction score
Sense there are no constant seeds for Gremlins :(, will do. I'd do it anyways of course, just have Gremlins on the mind.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads