1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

husk - squatted project house in melbourne

Discussion in 'Squatting' started by bruises, Nov 11, 2017.

1. bruises

bruises is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    sw
    Address:
    Moonee Ponds, VIC, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    this is a house project i'm a part of and i'm posting it here in case anyone is coming to melbourne and looking for things and may take a liking to this :)

we are a noncismen space;
    more info here:
    https://huskcollective.wordpress.com/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Koala

Koala sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Student
    Address:
    Miami, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +509 / -4
    ahh I love the website! so cool to see the calendar too <3

3. iONik

iONik I'm a d-bag and got banned.
    Banned

Achievements:
    feral
    Address:
    Adelaide, SA, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +35 / -4
    Nice propaganda website reminded me of all the two faced libtards at the footscray youth centre. Stupid

• Meh Meh x 1
    • Stupid Stupid x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    bruises

Achievements:
    sw
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    i get a feeling you have criticism, so maybe you could be a little more constructive and specific about what your issue is with... i'm not sure... the website? the project? what?

• Like Like x 1
  5. iONik

Banned

Achievements:
    feral
    Address:
    Adelaide, SA, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +35 / -4
    "we continue to benefit from colonisation and genocide which are ongoing to this day." "we take our lead from the struggles and resistance of Koorie people." "Undermining colonisation" "we are taking the first steps towards ensuring that we respect the true authority of the land we occupy, with the goal of participating in a small way towards the decolonisation project." This is what I find insulting genocide is not athing anymore and its pretty uneducated and insulting.. what are you saying that australian people want the extermination of aboriginals? You don't take the lead of there struggles that's fucking stupid... I don't know what its like to deal with racism so I don't act like I know that struggle. What the fuck are you on about decolonizing Australia did you know colonization happend a couple hundred years ago so what the fuck does that mean Its stupid and igonorant. Other than how about you post some photos of the squat and the people your helping instead of this fucking gibberish.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Stupid Stupid x 2
  6. Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
    Staff Member Admin

Featured Threads:
    Achievements:
    Professional Adventurer
    Address:
    Slab City, CA, United States
    View on map:
    My Website(s):
    Ratings:
    +8,072 / -54
    Genocide doesn't exist anymore? You sound like a very confused person. @bruises, I wouldn't take this guy too seriously.

• Stupid Stupid x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    bruises

Achievements:
    sw
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    yeaaaaaah, "australian people want the extermination of aboriginals" is a very narrow definition of genocide, if that is what you think of it. i'm not sure where you live and what you do within this land, but you need not look much further than stats on aboriginal deaths in custody, imprisonment of aboriginal people in general (look #shutyouthprisons campaign for info for example) or the recent case of the murder of elijah doughty in wa and the outcome of that. so to answer your question, yes, some white australians clearly do want and do kill aboriginal people - because racism and colonialism. which is besides the point, because genocide exists as a weapon employed by the colonial state and it's structures and while whitefellas can't get away with shooting anyone they please anymore, doesn't mean there isn't ongoing attempt at destroying aboriginal people, if not always by murder, then by continuing to steal their lands and dispossess them.
    i think that it is very much on you to educate yourself.
    colonisation doesn't happen once and is over, it didn't happen 200 years ago and stopped. no nations that i'm aware of in socalled australia ever signed a treaty with white people, hence their sovereinty never ceded. do you know what that actually, legally (by white people's law) means? - precicely colonisation - in fact, an occupation that is illegal and ongoing.
    i don't pretend i know what its like to be indigenous here or to deal with racism, that would be offensive. by taking lead we mean looking at the struggle of indigenous peoples and trying to learn from them and draw inspiration for how we can support them and for how we can engage in other struggles relevant to us, in ways that aren't too fucked up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. iONik

Banned

Achievements:
    feral
    Address:
    Adelaide, SA, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +35 / -4
    I know all of this I just don't believe in genocide in Australia not any more. The problem is the fucking government not the people. I guess one of the main issue they have is there's not enough strong political leader to respect there views and issues.

What I meant about colonization is how can you give back land when there's citys and 20 million people now.. What I'm saying is shit happend and all we can do is respect each other and share the land.

I have to apologize for being an ass I was a bit rash with some comments and I'm a bit judgemental because I'm tired of all the two faced soft cocks who say something but won't defend it. Sorry

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
  9. iONik

Banned

Achievements:
    feral
    Address:
    Adelaide, SA, Australia
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +35 / -4
    • You have been issued a warning for violating our rules on flaming. If you can't make your point without name calling your account may face further action.
    I know genocide exist I'm not stupid asshole.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    bruises

Achievements:
    sw
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    you pretty lost me, with the "two faced soft cocks" :eek: seriously wtf.
    genocide is not up to your belief and exists irrespective of what you pick to believe or not.
    and it's easy to say "shit happened" when you are a white settler in a colonized country and benefit from theft of other people's land. seriously, educate yourself! there is a wealth of knowledge here and heaps of aboriginal people speaking up, working on shit etc.