Howdy y'all | Squat the Planet

Howdy y'all

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
Leo Californya here..
Just landed in Ukiah, California after living in the middle of the Mendocino National Forest for ten days. Lake Pilsbury is nice this time of year by the way. I have to say, being amongst other humans, and so many at that, is a bit surreal. Places like walmart are usually other worldly in any case. Not sure if I want to stay in civilization for a bit longer or head back out to nature (where it's normal). If it weren't for the flat battery and blown tire I'm not sure I would have even come back at all. I will say though, the Little Caesars pizza I ate hit my taste buds so forcefully I thought I might lose my $hit.

That and it was nice to experience the Internet again. This site is pretty awesome

Georgeez

Reaction score
Ten days out there? That's pretty awesome.
I'm planning on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, just from WA to OR though. Not interested in Cali's desert.
I'm homeless and have nothing better to do.
But I can say that I enjoy nature much much more than the city.
Safe travels
xxx

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
Ten days out there? That's pretty awesome.
I'm planning on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, just from WA to OR though. Not interested in Cali's desert.
I'm homeless and have nothing better to do.
But I can say that I enjoy nature much much more than the city.
Safe travels
xxx
Right on! I'm "homeless" as well, at least I have my truck and dog though. And I am totally preparing for the PCT too! When I feel ready I will be selling the truck and hitting the trail. Don't pass on Cali though my friend, it isn't all desert and there is so much beauty here. If you time it right, the desert is a perfect place to be in winter months. I'm hoping to be ready to start at the Mexico/Cali border next jan or feb, then take my time all the way up to Canada. When do you think you'll be gettin started?

Georgeez

Reaction score
I would love love love to rubbertramp (if I knew how to freaking drive)
That's so cool, do you have a canopy on the back or a camper kind of setup?
I'm trying to hike the PCT pretty soon, like next month xP
Just wanna get some new and improved gear before I go, especially boots.
What are you up to? Where to next?
=)

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
You can't drive? What'r you a monk ;p it's nothing special, just a Dodge Durango. It's small, sneaky, cozy, and ballzy. The best part is its 4wheel drive, so I can get deep in the hills with ease. I'm heading north. Making my way to Eureka, ca. Not really sure what I wanna do then. The road is to me as a river to a fish; enormous, controlling, mysterious, and sustaining. Any recommendations? How bout you, what'r you up to 'sides prepping for the PCT?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads