Howdy y'all (1 Viewer)

Leocalifornya

Hometown
Brookings, OR
Leo Californya here..
Just landed in Ukiah, California after living in the middle of the Mendocino National Forest for ten days. Lake Pilsbury is nice this time of year by the way. I have to say, being amongst other humans, and so many at that, is a bit surreal. Places like walmart are usually other worldly in any case. Not sure if I want to stay in civilization for a bit longer or head back out to nature (where it's normal). If it weren't for the flat battery and blown tire I'm not sure I would have even come back at all. I will say though, the Little Caesars pizza I ate hit my taste buds so forcefully I thought I might lose my $hit.

That and it was nice to experience the Internet again. This site is pretty awesome

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Georgeez

Hometown
Seaside OR
Ten days out there? That's pretty awesome.
I'm planning on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, just from WA to OR though. Not interested in Cali's desert.
I'm homeless and have nothing better to do.
But I can say that I enjoy nature much much more than the city.
Safe travels
xxx

OP
Leocalifornya

Leocalifornya

Hometown
Brookings, OR
Ten days out there? That's pretty awesome.
I'm planning on hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, just from WA to OR though. Not interested in Cali's desert.
I'm homeless and have nothing better to do.
But I can say that I enjoy nature much much more than the city.
Safe travels
xxx
Right on! I'm "homeless" as well, at least I have my truck and dog though. And I am totally preparing for the PCT too! When I feel ready I will be selling the truck and hitting the trail. Don't pass on Cali though my friend, it isn't all desert and there is so much beauty here. If you time it right, the desert is a perfect place to be in winter months. I'm hoping to be ready to start at the Mexico/Cali border next jan or feb, then take my time all the way up to Canada. When do you think you'll be gettin started?

Georgeez

Hometown
Seaside OR
I would love love love to rubbertramp (if I knew how to freaking drive)
That's so cool, do you have a canopy on the back or a camper kind of setup?
I'm trying to hike the PCT pretty soon, like next month xP
Just wanna get some new and improved gear before I go, especially boots.
What are you up to? Where to next?
=)

OP
Leocalifornya

Leocalifornya

Hometown
Brookings, OR
You can't drive? What'r you a monk ;p it's nothing special, just a Dodge Durango. It's small, sneaky, cozy, and ballzy. The best part is its 4wheel drive, so I can get deep in the hills with ease. I'm heading north. Making my way to Eureka, ca. Not really sure what I wanna do then. The road is to me as a river to a fish; enormous, controlling, mysterious, and sustaining. Any recommendations? How bout you, what'r you up to 'sides prepping for the PCT?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $25.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $25.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $25.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $25.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Day 20: My bolilo roll is finna make me act up.

I'm willing to try it again this Friday morning... It's not an auto rack, it's something better! I still need to see what I am up against...
> 6' away from Juan During
Juan Derlust wrote on MFB's profile.
Truism #348:
If it wasn't for these loose ends I'd have it all wrapped up...
MFB
Elevation! Getting HIGH! (I am thinking my gopro died, for some reason I didnt get a 360 from the summit)
I think your buddy Bukowski put it best Sundays kill more men than bombs
BBQ with STP homies in portland, feeling peaceful
I only feel good when I'm outside, but I gotta stay inside to get school work done.
It's a full-time job to be a good dad
You got so much more stuff than I had
I gotta study just to keep with the changin times
101 Dalmations on your CD-ROM
See me-I'm
Tryin to pretend I know
On my PC where that CD go

Members online