Howdy from Humbolt

Salem M.

Reaction score
So, My name is Salem Morgan, I live in Eureka, California within the northern half of the state in a place known for the massive marijuana use, though the streets seem paved with meth and herione.

I've been trying to increase my knowledge of the underground and attempt to build relationships in preperation for my trek from California to Pennselvnya, then back through the northern half of the country.

A bit about myself otherwise, I was rised by an Anarchist mother who grew up during the 60s and 70s, went through deschooling from the time I left kindergarden to the time I am now enrolled in a process to earn my GED. I've travelled the USA, 48 of 50 states, been through Canada, and lived in Mexico for two and a half years where I worked a few odd jobs, managed a bar, and learned to surf at the age of 12, I moved back to the states at the age of 14 and have found it to be not much to my liking, though I call the real issue I have with living in the states the current spot I live right now.

I'm hoping to meet more like-minded people, some people with different ideals but open minded as well, and hopefuly, to forge some long-standing friendships.

Thanks y'all, rock on.

thunderson5

Reaction score
hey salem m.welcome,i know exactly what you mean im in the process of trying to find a place i can live away from it all.between the meth problem and all these so called normal types who dont have a clue and are in my eyes tottaly insane,am ready to pack up and go live in the middle of nowwhere.i see im not the only one fed up and disappointed but i dont wish it on anyone.to bad the meth prob is so bad where you are at its tottaly beautifull up there.if you are ever in roswell n.m. let me know and maybe we could have some beer and smoke a blunt

Salem M.

Reaction score
Thanks y'all, for your warm words.

Jona: Yeah, you and me should hang out. Drop me a message and we can talk more about it, it'd be awesome.

Thunderson: Life around here is kind of dismal dude... the drugs, its everywhere, but its done to such an extreme that these people walk around totally sucked in.
in 1984 by George Orwell, the mottos are 'War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength'.
Around here, people are constantly in conflict, there is no peace, and ignorance keeps the corrupt cops(who shoot everyone from kids to mentaly ill people, to fathers to death) who run the show.
If/When I go through Roswell, I'll stop by man :D

Rideitlikeyoustoleit: Hey! I'mma be heading down that way for a short term jount to Long Beach soon, I'll stop in ^^

Salem M.

Reaction score
Thanks Arrow.

it ain't really small towns, its just... the drugs, the stupid fucking moods of people... the fact a peaceful, child loving friend of mine, got stabbed to death... shit like that..

But I will check out the threads, my one hold up is on the train-hopping, no trains through this side of the country in Humboldt, and I've never tried it before.. I'm a novice...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads