Question How to upgrade your bike in the snowy winter?

Theturk47

A punk in upstate NY
Reaction score
I got a mountain bike I'm needing to upgrade it from the upstate NYs winter season anyone's ideas and upgrades for it would help and how much gear can I carry with my bike weight

Reactions: laughingman

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
have you tried using the search engine? reading other posts in this category perhaps? i just feel like we've answered this question a lot already.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't feel like Ive had a crack at this one yet. Maybe ive been missing them. I would go with some studded tires and a pare of barmits. Which are mittens that attach to the bars and keep your hands warm without keeping you from reaching your brake levers and shifters. There are lots of how-tos on both but that is most of what I do for my winter bike. Fenders are good if your riding in slush. Swapping to an appropriate chain lube for wet and salty conditions. Clean your chain and components a lot. They will rust faster with rode salt just like a car. If memory serves they sell weather proof chains that rust slower. But they run poorly so maybe skip that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads