How to pick good campsites?

D

deleted user

I hate just stumbling in to others camps it just happens when the conditions are good cover concealment and such if I think it's a good spot so will others then it's a race to get there first.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I had a guy tell me a good way to avoid bum camps using Google maps. Look up liquor and beer stores, social security and food stamp places, and homeless shelters and food banks. Draw lines between these locations and you got a general area where the home bums congregate. Then avoid those areas to avoid home bum camps.

William Howard 2

Reaction score
If your in a place that has honeysuckle trees. They grow all around like weeds and create a sort of canopy that totally blocks out the sun and creates a "wall" where it's hard to see through. Strangely for some reason I notice little if any ticks and mosquitos in these spots.

The ground beneath the trees are like a type of mulch - they keep the dirt from being muddy and also add a bit of cushion when sleeping on the ground.

Honeysuckle wood also has a great odor to it when it's burnt.

In the spring they have these yellow flowers that make the place smell nice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads