How to keep safe as women when squatting/tenting out?

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
I almost forget about this place, but I'm kinda not cool with strangers, i suffer from social phobia and anxiety.
Perhaps you should try to get a bit "cooler" with strangers. But I can relate. As I was about 20 I was very shy. Couldn't imagine doing things like travel to other countries alone, sleeping in dorm rooms, let alone hitchhiking (what I did the first time a week ago). Now I find it very interesting and exciting meeting strangers. Perhaps you'll feel the same sometimes. :)

D

Deleted member 2626

My buddy is kind of like that unless he's drunk than he thinks he's so fucking cool and usually isn't. Many times he's gotten upset with me when I talk to random folks. I used to be real shy but changed high school. Gotta really not care what anybody thinks! I'm sure some people think I'm insane but I don't care hahs

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Reaction score
My buddy is kind of like that unless he's drunk than he thinks he's so fucking cool and usually isn't. Many times he's gotten upset with me when I talk to random folks. I used to be real shy but changed high school. Gotta really not care what anybody thinks! I'm sure some people think I'm insane but I don't care hahs

I'm a total different person when I'm drunk, I'm fucking crazy lol

PunkyFister

Reaction score
Your best bet is to avoid the bums. Hopeless bastards scrounging about the Internet all day, looking for ways to avoid paying rent.
You know the real dregs of society. ::soapbox::
What is keeping you safe at the moment?
Safe and warm? Big hairy man.

Reaction score

Waya anisitsune

Reaction score
Wondering, where would the best places to squat/tent out in the city? I would like to find a place that is safe for a women. Anybody got any suggestions? i refuse to stay at the shelter house for personal reasons.
get yourself a straight razor and keep it sharp enough to slice through paper lol all you need hehe! walmart has them online for 10 bucks (sweeney todd replica) Works nicely!

Art101

Reaction score
Couple ideas on stairwell security or out of the way corners,throw down a handful of peagravel or broken glass, works well as an early warning system and doesnt exactly give you away.Also check apt building laundry rooms.If you can go in in the early evening and unlock or slightly open a window then come back later in the evening and you should be ok.I have used all the above before and no issues.Good luck and stay warm and if ya ever get down to the eastern US let me know the gf and I could let ya crash for a few days.

arianaholland1

Reaction score
Get a boyfriend and/or a dog. A lot of people have pups no only for companionship but turned bark at intruders. You can sometimes get a dog free on craigsliz that's where I got mine. Stay safe :)

D

Deleted member 2626

Yeah but saying that will entail shitty pet owners to acquire dogs and that just a whole other disgusting thing in its self

Reaction score
Perhaps you should try to get a bit "cooler" with strangers. But I can relate. As I was about 20 I was very shy. Couldn't imagine doing things like travel to other countries alone, sleeping in dorm rooms, let alone hitchhiking (what I did the first time a week ago). Now I find it very interesting and exciting meeting strangers. Perhaps you'll feel the same sometimes. :)

sounds nice! :) i guess with "certain types of people" i could be comfortable doing this! :)

Reaction score
Couple ideas on stairwell security or out of the way corners,throw down a handful of peagravel or broken glass, works well as an early warning system and doesnt exactly give you away.Also check apt building laundry rooms.If you can go in in the early evening and unlock or slightly open a window then come back later in the evening and you should be ok.I have used all the above before and no issues.Good luck and stay warm and if ya ever get down to the eastern US let me know the gf and I could let ya crash for a few days.

Thanks man! thinking these might work for me :)

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Wow, did someone really just post "get a boy or a dog"? Come on, this is your life and your freedom. Being female isn't some kinda handicap. Its not a problem you'll get over some day. Don't be fearful or compromise, do whatever the hell you want and tell anyone who worries that the world isn't so scary as they think. then, you're helping to make it better.

atlastalias

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, did someone really just post "get a boy or a dog"? Come on, this is your life and your freedom. Being female isn't some kinda handicap. Its not a problem you'll get over some day. Don't be fearful or compromise, do whatever the hell you want and tell anyone who worries that the world isn't so scary as they think. then, you're helping to make it better.
Get a dog and a pistol.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads