How to find a way to be with homeless bf for 1 winter night ( inside or outside)? | Squat the Planet

How to find a way to be with homeless bf for 1 winter night ( inside or outside)?

Reaction score
My long distance boyfriend is coming in town on Friday. Got 5 days to try and plan on how to be with him for 1 night together. He can't stay with me at my place, due to personal reasons/cuz of my roommate not liking him. We are both broke till end of the month, I can't even afford a motel room :( don't have any friends or family to stay for 1 night either. The cheapest one is like $75 with tax, that's doesn't even include a deposit fee) We use to stay outside in a tent till September and sleep in abandoned places. It seems it would be kinda rough now to do it, since it's almost like winter weather, its November 16th, It's -2°C with flurries. I know this sounds maybe "crazy", but wondered about building some type of bush-craft wildness shelter or setting up a tent for us to sleep in. Any suggestions, insights on how we could be together for 1 winter night inside or outside?

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hardware stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc. In the parking lots they have those sheds assembled on display. Depending on how ghetto the city is you're in, they might not lock them at night. Many places don't lock them up. Scope it out after closing hours one of these nights. Get in one and keep the door shut, be out before they open the next morning. May or may not work. Just depends on the city and how much trouble they've had with those sheds being squatted in the past.

Tony G

Reaction score
My long distance boyfriend is coming in town on Friday. Got 5 days to try and plan on how to be with him for 1 night together. He can't stay with me at my place, due to personal reasons/cuz of my roommate not liking him. We are both broke till end of the month, I can't even afford a motel room :( don't have any friends or family to stay for 1 night either. The cheapest one is like $75 with tax, that's doesn't even include a deposit fee) We use to stay outside in a tent till September and sleep in abandoned places. It seems it would be kinda rough now to do it, since it's almost like winter weather, its November 16th, It's -2°C with flurries. I know this sounds maybe "crazy", but wondered about building some type of bush-craft wildness shelter or setting up a tent for us to sleep in. Any suggestions, insights on how we could be together for 1 winter night inside or outside?
Hmm tents not bad but make sure u have a fire if your worryed about fire do a dakota fire no smoke but I'd just ask around I have plenty of buddy's who would let me use there place for the night if you where in washington I'd let u use my place

Reactions: Sonny913 and Potts

Potts

Reaction score
Hardware stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc. In the parking lots they have those sheds assembled on display. Depending on how ghetto the city is you're in, they might not lock them at night. Many places don't lock them up. Scope it out after closing hours one of these nights. Get in one and keep the door shut, be out before they open the next morning. May or may not work. Just depends on the city and how much trouble they've had with those sheds being squatted in the past.
Ive been in one at home de pot for the last 2 nights myself lol

Tony G

Reaction score
That will definitely work I've slept in alot of churches and drs offices I know a few that keep there office unlocked on my route saved me a few times

Potts

Reaction score
Depending on the town your gonna be staying in...seems like a good 4 hrs flying outta cover a room for the night...#showersex. I've also had good luck with just running the stranded and trying to get home game on churches and getting a voucher. My oldest son was conceived in a church. They can be romantic. There's wine somewhere in em if a Catholic one. Also the candles flickering...throw on some Spotify and it's boom boom time

Reaction score
Depending on the town your gonna be staying in...seems like a good 4 hrs flying outta cover a room for the night...#showersex. I've also had good luck with just running the stranded and trying to get home game on churches and getting a voucher. My oldest son was conceived in a church. They can be romantic. There's wine somewhere in em if a Catholic one. Also the candles flickering...throw on some Spotify and it's boom boom time

Curious, what did you get a voucher for? wondering how could my "transient" boyfriend aquire some like that? yeah was
actually considering him flying a sign, he's actually pretty good at it, funny thing too is in the summer he would make more cash when drunk for some interesting reason flagging a sign, maybe we could just be straight up and write on a sign, we just need money for a hotel room?

Potts

Reaction score
Curious, what did you get a voucher for? wondering how could my "transient" boyfriend aquire some like that? yeah was
actually considering him flying a sign, he's actually pretty good at it, funny thing too is in the summer he would make more cash when drunk for some interesting reason flagging a sign, maybe we could just be straight up and write on a sign, we just need money for a hotel room?
Like instead of handing out cash they hand out vouchers like a note to a certain hotel or gas station that says good for one night and to Bill it to such n such church or organization. And flying is always better with a buzz..something to do with the universe and energy and vibes. Plus how can anyone stand with a straight face with "will fuck 4 food" written on a puece of cardboard and expect people to hand em dollar bills and 5's lol

• Haha
Reactions: Barf and Coywolf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

See if you have a 'Catholics Charities' or St. Vincent De Paul organization up there....that's the places that give out the 'vouchers' @Potts is talking about. Usually called 'motel vouchers'. They are usually in high demand, I've had luck them them more being someone who was, 'only going to be in town for a night, and leaving in the morning', rather than, 'I come here once a week, every week, looking for a voucher .'

• Useful
Reactions: Barf

Potts

Reaction score
See if you have a 'Catholics Charities' or St. Vincent De Paul organization up there....that's the places that give out the 'vouchers' @Potts is talking about. Usually called 'motel vouchers'. They are usually in high demand, I've had luck them them more being someone who was, 'only going to be in town for a night, and leaving in the morning', rather than, 'I come here once a week, every week, looking for a voucher .'
Also, lets not forget the good ol "Jug at the gas station" bit... Walking up to people at the pump with an empty gas can telling them your vehicle is outta gas/ trying to get home...etc

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No shit, a doctor that leaves his office unlocked?

That’s a bold doctor, man.
Oh yeah man. All the doctors leave their offices unlocked in my town. As a doctor you have a responsibility to provide around the clock free and easy access to controlled substance sample blister packs, blank scripts and clean needles. How else would you ever expect to go to prison? Can't be locking that shit up all responsible and whatnot. Plus sometimes a couple houseless crusties need a place to bang, right? It ain't all just turn your head and cough, let's check your vitals. These doctors provide many services.

Potts

Reaction score
So me and my girl friend had, ahem, relations right here earlier. Which right here is on Union Street in midtown Memphis. Went just fine but I think we set off some kinda proximity alarm? When we went over and plugged phone in on the porch shit of the bank. A detective and 2 cops just ran our names. We didnt touch anything either, kinda crazy but cops didn't fuck with us to hard just told me not to go to Kansas. Anybody ever hear of motion detector alarms or anything like that at banks?

Attachments

• 16057662216987579127038547445516.jpg
    16057662216987579127038547445516.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 262

Tony G

Reaction score
/ So me and my girl friend had, ahem, relations right here earlier. Which right here is on Union Street in midtown Memphis. Went just fine but I think we set off some kinda proximity alarm? When we went over and plugged phone in on the porch shit of the bank. A detective and 2 cops just ran our names. We didnt touch anything either, kinda crazy but cops didn't fuck with us to hard just told me not to go to Kansas. Anybody ever hear of motion detector alarms or anything like that at banks?
Gotta be careful specially on the east coast or south prob a prox alarm or a lazer seen em all over yards or wherehouses latley seen way more fucking dogs too be careful

Last edited:
Reactions: Potts

Potts

Reaction score
Gotta be careful specially on the east coast or south prob a prox alarm or a lazer seen em all over yards or wherehouses latley seen way more fucking dogs too be careful
Ten 4. My friends first time flying but I hit a twenty twen twen and a fin in 2 lights from the curb. Got her a sign and going for round 2. Cheers time soon!

Attachments

• 16058085963915328795807357845703.jpg
    16058085963915328795807357845703.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: Barf
D

Deleted member 29963

Sort of similarly: a Traveler Friend told me once she used to regularly sleep in U-hauls, apparently usually left unlocked at rental places circa 2012, with her companion.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads