How to find a way to be with homeless bf for 1 winter night ( inside or outside)? (1 Viewer)

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Eng JR Lupo RV323

Jerk bouncer with an attitude
Staff member
Website
youtu.be
It's probably less about the size of the city and more so the area they're in within whatever city and how often they deal with problems related to leaving them unlocked. If they're often having to toss people out of em or clean up messes left behind, they probably just lock them up there. If there's seldom or never been an issue, they probably don't wanna bother locking them up.

Potts

Pilgrim
Some do and some dont depends on the area
U-hauls almost always unlocked in my experience. I've had better luck at rent-to-own stores/furniture outlets etc. The later usually has a lift gate on it so it's a pain in the ass for employees to lock em I guess. Those usually have moving blankets in them. If you get real lucky, you might find a light switch up near the ceiling on the wall and a small night light or some light. Vise grips will keep the door down so it's more secure and less drafty. Be careful though cause I've been taken for a ride first thing in the morning when the employees used company has to go to McDeaths for breakfast. Had to jump out leaving the piss bottle inside and door halfway up

highlander

In Vino Veritas
StP Supporter
Hardware stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc. In the parking lots they have those sheds assembled on display. Depending on how ghetto the city is you're in, they might not lock them at night. Many places don't lock them up. Scope it out after closing hours one of these nights. Get in one and keep the door shut, be out before they open the next morning. May or may not work. Just depends on the city and how much trouble they've had with those sheds being squatted in the past.
Totally thought I was the only one who did that! Hell, yeah! I also hit the lots that have the sheds, arks, playground stuff, carport garage places. Man, brought a smile to my face, thanx for keying that bit of knowledge!

U-hauls almost always unlocked in my experience. I've had better luck at rent-to-own stores/furniture outlets etc. The later usually has a lift gate on it so it's a pain in the ass for employees to lock em I guess. Those usually have moving blankets in them. If you get real lucky, you might find a light switch up near the ceiling on the wall and a small night light or some light. Vise grips will keep the door down so it's more secure and less drafty. Be careful though cause I've been taken for a ride first thing in the morning when the employees used company has to go to McDeaths for breakfast. Had to jump out leaving the piss bottle inside and door halfway up
haha a few years ago, I was sleeping in a uhaul van with a old friend, we jumped in with our sleeping mat and this guy just jumped into the vehicle and started driving off, the guy caught us and told us to leave or he would call the cops omg lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$105.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $105.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.