how the fuck do i find work with a dog | Squat the Planet

how the fuck do i find work with a dog

cherryb0mb

Reaction score
and two rats?
i’m trying to save a lot of money. enough for a little plot of land to start a vegetable farm/dog rescue commune.
i need income that isn’t dumpstered kripsy kreme or crumpled dollar bills. i need a job. but i have my dog and my rats. idk what to do. appreciate y’all

Reactions: Kenada

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
If you want to work at a normal job, you'd have to find somebody who can watch your animals for you while you work. I can't help you in that regard but I would like to steer you away from kennels, they'll be super expensive. If you have anybody you can trust, tell them you'll pay them. If they're street kids, they might even do it for free if they're able to fly a sign where you're at.

Another option is self employment. You got any crafts you're interested in? Things like wood working/whittling, painting, drawing, things of that nature. I've seen people on the street selling things they've made while making more of them

Third option: TwitchTV. Very long shot but might be worth looking into. You'd need a couple battery packs and an external microphone of some kind, maybe one of those cheapo pairs of earbuds with a mic on the wire. There's a guy called Hitch on there that used to do nothing but hitchhiking before the quarantine hit.

• Useful
Reactions: Spazz

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Sell stuff online. Get PayPal pos device and sell stuff. Get a car/van whatever. If you have too much stuff get a storage. Maybe use a dog walker. Work some where pet friendly. Gardening/ outside work.
Maybe get rid of the rats they're too cantankerous.
If you have a bunch of junk sell it.

Barf

Staff member
Reaction score
Independently owned pet shop?

I don’t there’d be a lot of money in that.

On the bright side you and your pets would have a place to chill/make some loot/network.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Third option: TwitchTV. Very long shot but might be worth looking into. You'd need a couple battery packs and an external microphone of some kind, maybe one of those cheapo pairs of earbuds with a mic on the wire. There's a guy called Hitch on there that used to do nothing but hitchhiking before the quarantine hit.

not to crush anyone's dreams here or anything but the only reason that guy (or any of the other 2-3 people doing travel stuff on twitch) is because of a really expensive cellular backpack setup (i was curious and looked into it) with a crazy special cell phone data plan.

EDIT: re-reading this a few months later, i realize it might be helpful to include that (from my hazy memory) the cost of the backpack was around 2k, and the cell service was about 1k a month, just to give you an idea.

Last edited:

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
not to crush anyone's dreams here or anything but the only reason that guy (or any of the other 2-3 people doing travel stuff on twitch) is because of a really expensive cellular backpack setup (i was curious and looked into it) with a crazy special cell phone data plan.
That backpack isn't required, I know people who do IRL live streaming with their cell phones and battery packs. You DO need unlimited data though.

Kenada

Reaction score
and two rats?
i’m trying to save a lot of money. enough for a little plot of land to start a vegetable farm/dog rescue commune.
i need income that isn’t dumpstered kripsy kreme or crumpled dollar bills. i need a job. but i have my dog and my rats. idk what to do. appreciate y’all
If I’m ever in your neck of the woods I can help with your pets im and avid animal lover. Also same as offer goes with the commune if you get that up and goin I’d be glad to help out with the dogs. I also want to start a rescue commune for dogs on ranch someday, but yeah money is hard to come by especially now. I will say if you start the rescue commune make sure you have plenty of supplies and food before bringing any dogs in. Maybe common sense but some people are quick to act and I’d hate for any dogs to suffer from a mistake like that. I wish you the best of luck and hope that your rescue can become a reality!

Reactions: cherryb0mb
Reaction score
Not knowing land prices in OK, nor how much it costs to run a dog rescue...it seems like you'll need a significant of money. The only legit means of getting a lot of money quick is qualifying for grants and other financial aid through a community college. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 125

Most of us have been in this pickle once or twice and I sympathize, cause trying to grow roots with no or very little connections can be tough. Are you married to Tulsa Oklahoma? What I mean is that ain't exactly the mecca of squattable houses or cheap rooms to rent while you save up money. It might be worthwhile to look elsewhere short term that's got more options for cheap housing/work. What kinda jobs have you had in the past? Have you spent yer covid check? Depending on where you wanted to live while you were working 1200 bucks could go pretty far if you were interested in renting a room.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Land can be super cheap in OK, like $20-50/acre depending on where and how much you're buying. A well, permits, buildings, fencing, kennels, 501c3 cert, insurance ect... is what would make this a $200k+ endeavor, but hey, 21 is a great time to have goals and if you can secure the property it'll show investors/organizations you're serious. Might wanna get a few books on grant writing.

Reactions: Spazz and Kenada
D

Deleted member 24782

and two rats?

Mmmm Krispy Kreme. Do you have parents? What do they think about all this?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads